Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Removal / Airbag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update. I hope you can get it back for us.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so did anybody get a copy of this i need one please please send me a copy of it to hsbr6969@yahoo.com thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 07:31 AM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since this was brought back from the dead, i would love to get one as well if someone is willing to pass it on. thanks guys... tdrasher@hotmail.com
Old 08-15-2005, 07:39 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to admit I made it harder than it had to be, due to ignorance. I couldn't find a decent how-to online.

Two things:

1) Separate the hvac layer from the front dash layer; airbag assembly is sandwiched between them. Be sure to take out all the screws attaching the hvac to the front dash, all the way across the top and one that is almost hidden on the far left corner, left of the steering wheel.

2) Don't try to separated the airbag from the frame it's on; just pull the whole assembly.

I wasted a lot of time trying to separate the airbag from the frame. Theres a couple wire bundles and a couple modules that need to be separated from the left side of the frame so they can stay in the car. Also get the dash unbolted from the car all the way around; top and bottom, left and right. Take out steering column bolts so the whole thing can drop down a bit. You get the best view by looking through the windshield. It also helps to pull the gauge cluster before you start, and of course the glareshield and A-pillar trim has to come out first.

Quick Reply: Dash Removal / Airbag Removal