Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall wall, trans or something else? need help now please

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stall wall, trans or something else? need help now please

I have a 383 lt1, h,c,i with a fully built 4l60e 3600 stall and a moser 12 bolt with 4.10 gears and 28" tire. THe trans has 530 miles on and never gave me one issue on the street and has a tune from Ion or madz28.com since day one. I havent really ever beat the crap out of it because I was gonna get a full dynotune. I did do a couple passes on the street through all the gears and it was fine, shifted through all of them with Madz28 tune. Then yesterday I got the dynotune and all of sudden after all the pulls They can not get the 2-3 shift to happen at all. They think and say it could be a bad trans, but its only a 400 hp car and ran fine till now. The set the rev limiter at 7k rpm and it hits the limiter even after setting the shift point at 6100rpm They say it just wont shift. BUt when I drive on the street even after the tune, my car will drive just fine through all the gears with easily 70% full throttle> I have not gone 100% wot because its messed up and I need help badly. The trans isnt slipping to the best of my knowledge and could it just be the parameters need to setup differently or better?

any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What your describing is not stall wall.

Sounds likeyou have too much pressure in the trans. My old 94 z28 had a PCMforless.com tune which upped the line pressure a bit, well when my trans went I had a transgo shift kit with a Corvette Servo installed and with all the extra pressure the car would not shift @ 100% WOT into 4th. it kick down and max out 3rd gear.

A retune to turn down the line pressure fixed it.

Hopefully will do the same for you.

Quick Reply: Stall wall, trans or something else? need help now please