Sponsored by:

Quickest/fastest N/a 346 In Action****VIDEO****

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 03:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
It does when someone claims to be the "fastest", "quickest", "best"...... while comparing numbers from a track in "Antarctica" to a track in the "real world", IMO.
True, Atco is a special, far away exotic track that only private members can run at, sort of like a country club even...it's not the real world at all.

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
They also have 30-50rwhp on "most" H/C cars.
Also true...how DARE they make their H/C cars more powerful (but still within the rules) than most of the competition ...you're right, I guess it is an unfair race.

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Spanky, it's like beating a dead horse with you and the DA. No one replied to my comment about Greg Andersons Pro Stock record shattering runs at E-Town back in May 2003. No one dis-credited him becasue the DA was so good. Listen, no one is stopping anyone from going to where the weather is good, to run their cars. If no one chooses to make a trip to where the DA's are good, than more power to those who race in the great DA's.
Very good points...everyone cries about the unfair advantage of track location/air quality yet NONE are willing to make the trek to those tracks so they too can run so much faster as they so openly claim they would. I know it's certainly not convenient to just pick up and drive/trailer one's car 1000-2000 miles just to make a few passes but it's also not rediculously impossible to accomplish either, especially if you're a true hardcore racer in search of great ETs/trap speeds.
If one is SO convinced that their car would be just as fast/faster at these so called unrealistic tracks then prove it...or please stop complaining/speculating about it.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Blah, blah, blah.....
I guess we should all use uncorrected dyno numbers, I mean, if a dyno at shop "X" reads 20rwhp higher, and you go to shop "Y" and dyno lower, you could always just drive 1000 miles to shop "X" to get a good "record setting" number.

How is bragging on a "record setting" ET ran at a -2000 track day any different than claiming 600+rwhp on an uncorrected, liberal dyno? The formula exists to correct ETs to a standard (Much like a dyno corrects power/tq to a SAE. Try posting uncorrected numbers on here claiming a new "record" and see what happens ) why are some afraid to use it? Because what is a "record setting", "quickest", "fastest" run in these coonditions becomes an average, right in line with the rest of the pack run. Since the cars in question are .4 and 5mph faster and quicker than the rest (before the new motor and updates), they should run that much quicker/faster at SC, no? We'll see, and like I said, one of two things will happen. They'll dominate and everyone will see just how much faster/quicker/superior they are, or they will run with the rest of the field, and everyone will continue to think that a "record" set under certain conditions will have an * after it.

Shawn

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 02-01-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JS
Chris u live in Canada?
Your telling me Canada has 1500 DA's all yr round,Thats BS....
Chris I think you should open an atlas and look at where u live,Its not Hawaii

Brent always gives DA's..
He has a TAG WS which give REAL TIME DA.....

Last time I check Brent ran 11.1/11.2 in FL against ALL the other competitors.
Wanna guess who won,Wanna guess who was the fastest

Jealousy is a terrible thing guys...
Let it go...
hahaha

Our track is at 600 feet altitude and the DA's rarely go below 1500 feet through the summer. Ontario gets pretty hot and steamy during those months.

Also don't forget that I lived in Maryland and raced at Cecil, E-town and Atco.

I know EXACTLY the difference those tracks made in the fall/winter. My car would go 5 tenths and 5+ mph faster at Atco/Cecil in November than in the summer. I have FIRSTHAND experience with that with my own car.

Also I am not jealous in the least of Brents car.

I think it runs great and he has a great combo together with great tuning.

cheers,
Old 02-01-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bspz28
We will be here http://www.carolinadragway.com/ on both sat and the event is on sunday
Awesome...I will definitely try to be in attendance. Carolina is a nice track, I went there a few years ago for bracket finals but havent been back since, so it will be nice to go back again
Old 02-01-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

THE DAY I RAN MY BEST TIME 10.58@ 130 MPH THE DA WAS -850

THE VIDEO YOU SEE WAS A RENTAL DAY AND THE DA WAS- 1400 TO -1500

THE FLORIDA RACE WAS 10.9'S IN FLORIDA!!!!!
THAT WAS AGAINST 60 CORVETTES
I TOOK FIRST PLACE IN MY CLASS 346 HEADS CAM

HERE IS THE FUNNY PART

OF ALL THE C-5'S THERE "APROX 60"

CARTEK HAD THE TOP 5 FASTEST QUICKEST ONES THERE!

AND THERE WAS NOS CARS BLOWER CARS LPE TT'S THERE

ALL WERE NO MATCH SAME DAY SAME TRACK

NORTH VS SOUTH SHOOT OUT I DID RUN A 11.1

YEAH I TOOK 1ST PLACE

EVEN WITH REALLY BAD 60 FT TIMES

SAME DAY SAME TRACK

DA WHAT??? UNCORRECTED WHO???

GIVE IT UP BRO
Old 02-02-2004, 10:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

caps lock is your friend Brent

congrats on winning those classes i just wish i could see the car in person.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:49 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I laugh too Brent...
U tell these guys everything and your upfront with your car and they still whine.

All I'll say is come to SC and check out the racing boys...
The truth will set u free.

No problem Chris but when did u make your best pass...
In July or in Nov,What track and what DA..

MY (me driving) best was a 11.17/1.49/120.68@3540lbs/DA -250....
Old 02-02-2004, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

My best pass was last spring. (I think it was April or May?) DA was +800 feet for my best pass if I remember correctly. Three 11.15's in a row at 123-124mph at 3514 raceweight.

It was at St. Thomas Raceway in London Ontario.

Chris

Last edited by Chris ARE 360; 02-03-2004 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Spanky, it's like beating a dead horse with you and the DA. No one replied to my comment about Greg Andersons Pro Stock record shattering runs at E-Town back in May 2003. No one dis-credited him becasue the DA was so good. Listen, no one is stopping anyone from going to where the weather is good, to run their cars. If no one chooses to make a trip to where the DA's are good, than more power to those who race in the great DA's. Until then, Cartek has the fastest heads/cam pacakge, period.

I suppose the differnce is that was a national event? Other cars were there at the same time same day same track prep all had a fair shot at the same conditions? (neutral guy here just asking a question )
Old 02-02-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by L4m3r2
I suppose the differnce is that was a national event? Other cars were there at the same time same day same track prep all had a fair shot at the same conditions? (neutral guy here just asking a question )

Excatly! My point is that there is a Tuner Shootout coming up on 2/22/04, all should attend and race in the same weather so everything is fair, if not, then don't complain about DA's.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Excatly! My point is that there is a Tuner Shootout coming up on 2/22/04, all should attend and race in the same weather so everything is fair, if not, then don't complain about DA's.
I agree 100% but 1/4 mile times are not just about the RWHP a car makes...

Suspension
gearing
RWT
converter

I dont see this ever being solved but its fun to watch

Last edited by L4m3r2; 02-02-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by L4m3r2
I agree 100% but 1/4 mile times are not just about the RWHP a car makes...
Suspension
gearing
RWT
converter
True, but that's why it's up to the tuner to make sure their entrant is well prepped and dialed in....and besides the cars competing/discussed here are running the same exact suspensions (bone stock Z06 suspension in this case) and the same wheels and tires (almost all C5s use the CCW ET Street package) then one of the few variables left is the driver and the motor's output.
Where does one draw the line on the details/differences/similarities between set ups competing on the same playing field. If the cars meet the rules of the event then it's a fair race...if one happens to come unprepared with the wrong gears/converter or even clutch then hey, that's their choice, that's racing.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
True, but that's why it's up to the tuner to make sure their entrant is well prepped and dialed in....and besides the cars competing/discussed here are running the same exact suspensions (bone stock Z06 suspension in this case) and the same wheels and tires (almost all C5s use the CCW ET Street package) then one of the few variables left is the driver and the motor's output.
Where does one draw the line on the details/differences/similarities between set ups competing on the same playing field. If the cars meet the rules of the event then it's a fair race...if one happens to come unprepared with the wrong gears/converter or even clutch then hey, that's their choice, that's racing.
it all boils down to....

we all race in different weather and DA's and altitudes and tracks and every other things that can make an ET different from others. the only thing we can compare right now at this moment is dyno's not ET's. if we all met at the same track on the same day then there would be no question and no arguing. no one from cartek is going to come down to texas and no one from lg is going that far up north. maybe at the north vs. south shootout we can get some grudge matches going but i cant plan that far ahead.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:02 AM
10 Second Club

LOL-its a big thing to have the fastest car in Jersey. I remember that bs when I lived there. If anything its more for bragging rights than anything.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ITSovr4U
I think you are missing my point.
Yes, those of us who reside in the English speaking parts of the country are having trouble following you.

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 02-08-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Daayyymmm. layin out all the laundry!

Spanky.... I have rarely met anyone on Jersey that speaks english... but then again I just pass through and have only visited gas stations, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, a mall, numerous hotels, and parking garage, toll booths ..err..a police station...and, well thats about it. So I'm w/ ya on that.