Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front brakes.

Anyone removed front brakes on a car/truck that doesn't need a shoot. I was curious because everyone says with skinnies you have minimal braking with the fronts anyhow and I have a lot of weight in front brakes. Also if I removed them I could do a spindle wheel and drop event more weight. The truck may run 11s before the end of the year if all goes right and mid 10s or faster is almost set in stone next year. I realize this isn't all that fast but 40-70 lbs off the nose and rotational weight to boot for free should net some good gains in the 1320. Truck weight will be 3500 ish.

I plan to trailer the truck to the track and only occasionally drive it to street race or cruise to a show. Before actualy removing them I would turn my linelock around and see how she stops without the fronts working. I know it isn't ideal but this trucks rear disks probably have more stopping power then a full set of factory brakes on a f-body and certain as much stopping power as an old muscle car with drums all the way around.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say what!!!. I don't think you should drive with out front brakes. NHRA will tell you to never show up at their track again. The fronts do 80% of the braking. I've driven racing karts that had rear brakes only. They have a tendency to spin out. Do a racing brake set up to save some weight.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You come up with some of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard.... Did you put any thought into this one??
Old 10-17-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post