Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction tips?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction tips?

I got a 99 vert a4 with a 2500 stall it's running 275/40r17s nittos. Car is a street car or dd even though its not primary transportation. The car spins too severe. I want to run an 1/8 at the local strip. I feel the car launched great before. Just Cherp and gone. I bought a new panhard bar but yet to replace it. Car has 90 k mi. Does it need springs shocks or what. Also I bought a jet Dst tuner software and wondered what everyone thought about it. I've not had time to play with my car. I'm working 60+ hours.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best thing you can buy is a Line Lock. Willing to wager your not burning out long enough. Ultimately your running on a 17" DR which is rubber band stretched over a hard surface and the sidewall benefit is not there for you.

MOST people tune out TQ management to essentially not allow the PCM to dial back the power transmitted to the rear wheel.

But since your new to the software, go check out the PCM/Tuning section and soak in the knowledge before fiddling with the computer.

Also make sure your not driving through the water box as it will hurt you more. With such a small stall, I am surprised your spinning as much as you say. Stock power/gearing should not be doing that. IF anything a good prepped track should make it much harder to spin.

How many miles on the transmission, do you have anyone taking video of your launch. Your trans COULD be slipping (lets hope not).
Old 10-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks bro. How wide of a tire will fit under the rear of these f bodies. I just dropped 18oo on the trans. Yeah I'm probally too easy on the tires. The pan hard bar looked bent when I got the care (500 mi) ago. That would launch left or right but still hook. Correct? I need to disable tq management in PCM. And you lost me on Slipping trans will make it spin more? I do appreciate your info man.