Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v6 springs up front...stock in the rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010 | 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Default v6 springs up front...stock in the rear

ok so ive been searching high and freaking low for something on this. ive read a few articles about the spring rate of the v6 front springs being less thus allowing better weight transfer.
im tracking on that and it sounds like a good mod for the amount of $$.

my question is what kind of drop is it going to give?? 1",2" how much..... i cant find any damn pictures of it.

not gona cut my springs either just to get a cheap drop and somewhat of a suspension upgrade cause thats just ghetto.

also would this make '60 foots better? cause juding from what i have been readin about spring rates and what not... stiffer in the back and softer up front generally makes better '60's...atleast thats what im understanding
Old 11-02-2010 | 09:55 AM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

my buddy has v6 springs on his formula and between those and teh weight reduction he pretty much ended up back at stock ridehight....his car works great on the street even with a 6 speed he can hook on nittos, he pulled a 1.64 at the track on a ten bolt also, dont really know how much they will help
Old 11-02-2010 | 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Yeah that does help actually. Cause I'm not planning on doing crazy amounts of weight reduction. So hopefully with the weight it will lower the nose. Cause for some reason my car sits ungodly high. High to the point it looks like a truck. I'll post pics when I get to a computer
Old 11-02-2010 | 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had stock v6 springs when I did an ls1 swap in my firebird.

the front end was definatly a lot lower because of the ls1 weighing so much more. it would definatly help launching and would be super cheap to do.
Old 11-02-2010 | 12:36 PM
On The Tree

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of if with the v6 springs on it? Or know anyone that does
Old 11-02-2010 | 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Is the aluminum block / aluminum head LS1 really that much heavier than the iron block / iron head L36? I did a quick search and couldn't find the weights of either, but I wouldn't think they're too far off.

Quick Reply: v6 springs up front...stock in the rear