Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning up under the hood.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cleaning up under the hood.

Okay so i know this isnt the 100% right section, but i know if i put this in the external sectino everyone will flame me and be all ******* stupid so w/e, **** on them i know you guys can help me.

1) Im going to delete the TCS and cruise control, i know i need a new throttle cable, but i just want to make sure i dont need both of the cable cuz i wont have the CC anymore either. Then i can take that ugly box off the passanger wheel well and the black computer box thing off the drivers side frame rail... correct?

2) If i wanted to delete the Evap lines under the hood will i notice any side effects and what exactly should i do? I know there is that thread going abotu completely deleting everything, but that looks/sounds like its talking about deleting the charcoal cannister too and IDC about doing that, i, about to put new rails/injectors in and while im under there if its something easy like clip here and cap there i think it will make under the hood look so much cleaner since i deleted the PCV a while ago also.

Anyways let me know whats up!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) If you have no cruise control or traction control, all you need is the single throttle cable from the pedal to the throttle body. The module behind the battery on the passenger side can go as well as the cruise control module under the driver's side fender.

2)I can't say that I've noticed any ill effects from removing the evap parts from the engine bay. I removed the plastic lines from the intake (behind the TB) to the hard line next to the fuel feed line and everything in between. The only problem I have now is finding a good way to hide the little connector for the evap purge solenoid.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

the EVAP system takes fuel vapor and routes it inside the intake manifold as pressure builds in the fuel tank (from heat, heat builds pressure).

long story short, your gas tank is no longer sealed and your fuel is going to be evaporating every day...
Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

cruise & TC were removed on mine also. removed all my relutor rings and sensors since i deleted my ABS. i also removed all my EVAP junk and sealed off the tank. i didnt notice anything other than a cleaner engine bay
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Skinny where is the connector your talking about?

nemss1, ever had any problems with pressure in your tank not letting you pump gas?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

It's a 2 pin connector in the front of the fuel injector harness on the driver side. It plugs into the purge solenoid (the black plastic cylinder shaped part attached to the EVAP lines). My statement about having a problem with it was a joke. Sarcasm doesn't transfer across message boards very well.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

haha okay i went out and looked at it after you said it and realized what hyou were saying lol.

So if i pull that selenoid off, plug the nipple on the side of the intake and pull of the evap hoses around the manifold what else would i have to do?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
So if i pull that selenoid off, plug the nipple on the side of the intake and pull of the evap hoses around the manifold what else would i have to do?
That's all I did. You could go a step further I guess and remove the hard line going back to the gas tank and the charcoal canister at the tank. I just haven't been ambitious enough to do that.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:25 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Skinny
That's all I did. You could go a step further I guess and remove the hard line going back to the gas tank and the charcoal canister at the tank. I just haven't been ambitious enough to do that.

awesome lol, where does the hard line end/come in at? jsut wondering where i will have a hardline bouncing around at
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I pulled all that stuff, and never had a problem.

The evap, I remember reading somewhere someone put a grainger valve (small spring loaded ball valve, allows pressure to build to a certain point before opening) in and a filer on the other end of it, it's a small line but it was enough to keep the tank sealed and only bleed off pressure once it got to a certain point.

I can't find where I read it.. I can see it working though.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:55 AM
11 Second Club

awesome. My car is to the point where i only drive it to the street race/track or around town on friday nights just cruisin so imma start pulling the clutter off it so its prettier and easier to work on. im putting new rails/injectors on this weekend and tuning it next week so i figure if im in there with everything apart i might as well pull them off while everything will be in the open.