Sponsored by:

Pcm wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcm wiring question

Hi everyone:

My daughter and i drag race a 95 z28. I have moved the battery to the rear of the car which in turn requires a external shut off per the ruels. I believe that everytime that i shut it off to store it in the trailer or in the garage the computer shuts off. Now, in starting the car, it runs rough until it warms up. Is this due to the computer trying to relearn? If so, i would like to connect a seperate wire from the + side of the battery on a switch to the pcm to keep it's memory. Is this possible by running it to the b15 pin on the black pcm connector or some other pin that keeps memory alive? Any help would be great. Thanks, rick
Old 12-04-2010, 07:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good question, I'd like to know myself.
Anyone?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone know???
Old 12-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

I am currently switching my car over from a factory harness to a Painless harness that I removed all of the emmissions wiring out of to get weight out of the car. This is a problem I have been wanting to address myself and I am looking into right now. I have one track here that checks my master cut off EVERY damn time I go there and if its a 2 day race they will check it both days. It has become a major pain in my you know what because I run my car with a weater station and crew chief pro and doing this ruins my time runs getting the car back to where it was. If you can give me a couple of weeks I would be glad to let you know what I end up doing to solve it.
Take care
Old 12-13-2010, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

An easier way to determine what's going on at cold start would be to run a datalog and/or realtime scan of the car using Datamaster.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing...........
Old 12-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
An easier way to determine what's going on at cold start would be to run a datalog and/or realtime scan of the car using Datamaster.
I already know that. Its relearning. Back when LT1's were new if you drag raced a bone stock one the easiest way to make it alot more consistant was to pull the pcm fuse after every run. It also made it run just a tic quicker on mine because it leaned it out a little bit. What happens now on my car is it needs to relearn and takes a run to do it. But if you never unhook the battery, kill it with the master switch or let the battery go dead you dont run into this problem.

To the OP
We have had snow and a ice storm here so I have been very busy with repairs and running the wrecker into all hours of the night but as soon as I can I will be getting back to finding the solution.