Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motovative Solid Motor Mount Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motovative Solid Motor Mount Install

After fighting for 5 hours and busting three knuckles on trying to install a set of prothane motor mounts, I decided to spend the money to try out a set of Motovative solid mounts. Took a total of a half hour to install by myself with a new UMI k-member and new LQ9 out of the car. Hard to imagine an easier install. Take out the cross bolts, lift the engine, remove the four bolts on each side. Bolt the new mounts on each side of the block with four bolts each, lower the engine, and put the cross bolts through. Fits nicely without any huge pry bars (one small pry bar to get the alignment for the second cross bolt pushed through).

If you're planning on a set of these, the only thing to remember is to install the mounts so that the part number is upright as there is no marking. Makes for an easy day and worth every penny.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Give some updates when you drive the car. I just picked up these solid mounts for my build (UMI k, LQ9). I was just worried about the mounts twisting the k member stands.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

It'll be a while before I drive the car. I'm only managing to get small bits of work done at a time. I really wouldn't worry about any twisting of the k-member stands as the torsional stresses on the stands aren't actually going to be very high at all.