Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build Thread: Project UMTR/T56 race car, and Project BACK to Street Car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have any pics or videos of your silver car all put back together? Kick *** builds btw.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice car!!! Why is it so heavy? Did you add weight? Thanks
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got a 9.71 at 142 out of it last night, on a unprepped track 1.32 60ft. waiting on Vids to share the wheelie's! LOL

Loving that Sof Loc. oh and a Nitrous Plate showed out today from the ol UPS man! time to get to work for the LSfest!!!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

HAHA I love that you are going to spary it. You think it can get the t56 record?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/...ca5fa5b8_b.jpg
Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BES Stroked Nova
Looks slow. Did it break into the 12's?? haha Just kidding. Sick picture, looks like it moves out, seriously.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What drop did you get? I htink I'm gona get a set with less then the 2inch ones I have now. If you know anything about my setup what drop to you think would work best for me a 440whp cam only t56 car, street clutch?

And do you street drove the car at all? Im thinking about getting a manuals rack kit too from burhart. I guess I will run skinnies now all the time put I dont have a tralior or anything.

Saw some pics of the car form holly, forgot you got a plate kit, I was like WTF when I saw the vid Cars super impressive.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

chuck's thoughts were 1.5", so thats what we went with. Right now with the front end pretty loose for NA runs, on the spray its a wheelie machine! the Kooks have some dents now.

had some problems finding 3rd coming down from it pulling the wheels all the way through 2nd, and bent some valves on a over rev. looking to stiffen up the front now that I know this thing will dead hook on the spray!

anyways, back to your setup, I would think a 1" drop would be enough for your kind of ET. whats your main reason for wanting spindle's? weight? or do you think they really help? I would think if your just pulling the wheels enough on stock spindle's, there wouldnt be a need to change unless for weight. I guess what I mean is when you step up to a ET like I am trying, where you need to keep the front end down anyways, you need the drop to help control susp movement on the launch, basically not as much movement needed. what about a set of travel limiters? i got a set but dont use them, but i am thinking i might need to get those on there to limit travel even more so.

maybe i am wrong.

I do not street drive this car at all, so I cant give any advise there
Old 09-21-2011, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chuck's thoughts were 1.5", so thats what we went with. Right now with the front end pretty loose for NA runs, on the spray its a wheelie machine! the Kooks have some dents now.

had some problems finding 3rd coming down from it pulling the wheels all the way through 2nd, and bent some valves on a over rev. looking to stiffen up the front now that I know this thing will dead hook on the spray!

anyways, back to your setup, I would think a 1" drop would be enough for your kind of ET. whats your main reason for wanting spindle's? weight? or do you think they really help? I would think if your just pulling the wheels enough on stock spindle's, there wouldnt be a need to change unless for weight. I guess what I mean is when you step up to a ET like I am trying, where you need to keep the front end down anyways, you need the drop to help control susp movement on the launch, basically not as much movement needed. what about a set of travel limiters? i got a set but dont use them, but i am thinking i might need to get those on there to limit travel even more so.

maybe i am wrong.

I do not street drive this car at all, so I cant give any advise there
How big of nitrous hit on that 9.28 run? Car sounds like it's really coming around for you. Congrats!

Mike
Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I already bought the racecraft spindles that have a 2inch drop. And strange 3rd gen brakes that fit them. I want to go with less drop, so I'd have to get another brake kit for my stocks spindles now So going with less drop and getting a burkhart set

Hows that rack in the pits? I know at speed (20+) it would be fine. The pits are the most tight turns I make parking ect. anyway. thats really were I think I would notice it. I orderd a burkhart bolt in rack kit, with the sale they have right now.
And what size steering wheel do you have?
Old 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

shot was a .082 jet single spray bar plate. not coming on for 1.9 seconds into the run.

and I got the wheel that burkharts sellls with their sfi approved removable hub. i cant say for sure what size it is, but doesn't really bother me in the pits, as it steers pretty decent.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Beautiful build/car. What wheels are those, painted Weld's? Nice shop too!
Old 09-24-2011, 03:35 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ They look like the newer weld RTS wheels.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah the new weld RTS wheels in black.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Great project man, car is really movin! Had any issues with the t-56 yet? I'd like to see someone get deep into the 8s with a clutch shifted t56, and it looks like you are on track to get there. Good luck with the car!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Jessica Barton No stranger to 8 sec 6 speed passes.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

it would be a good idea to add a external oil pump, and spray on 1st gear. With super strong parts even if don't break stuff, fast fast t56 setup the gears get dry and rip teeth off.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by studderin
it would be a good idea to add a external oil pump, and spray on 1st gear. With super strong parts even if don't break stuff, fast fast t56 setup the gears get dry and rip teeth off.
me and Johnathon had lots of talks on the phone about this. Our thoughts came down to the trans being cryo treated, REM polished, and Mikronite finished. All that and I really really like Amsoil Transmission fluid. Actually the whole car runs Amsoil front to back. Trans has 80+ passes, mostly High 9's range, and 3 passes on the spray.

I plan on sending the trans to him this winter, having him check everything over, decide if the trans pump is really needed and go from there. But most likely do a pump no matter what.

Cant wait for the shootout!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

me and Johnathon had lots of talks on the phone about this. Our thoughts came down to the trans being cryo treated, REM polished, and Mikronite finished. All that and I really really like Amsoil Transmission fluid. Actually the whole car runs Amsoil front to back. Trans has 80+ passes, mostly High 9's range, and 3 passes on the spray.

I plan on sending the trans to him this winter, having him check everything over, decide if the trans pump is really needed and go from there. But most likely do a pump no matter what.

Cant wait for the shootout!
chalk it up as good oil bc u and him know i had all the same treatments done in mine with the mobil 1 and it took 3 spray passes before it was whining like crazy and then broke shortly after. now with the pump rpm set me up with and royal purple trans has been great all year.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If it was the correct car I saw run all I gotta say is Congrats that was unreal!

Quick Reply: Build Thread: Project UMTR/T56 race car, and Project BACK to Street Car.