Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E lockup on a switch any benifits to keep it off at the track

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E lockup on a switch any benifits to keep it off at the track

My 4L60E has lockup on a switch from the previous owner to help in low speeds from lugging. At the track (I have a 3600 yank conv) should I keep it off or does it need to be on to help mph. I also run nitrous at times. thanks for any help.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 AM
DBN
TECH Enthusiast

The only time that you should activate the manual lock up switch is at the track, but only lock it up after the high gear shift. You do not want the conveter locked during a gear change. For some cars, there is a benefit of locking converter in high gear, depending on rpm power band, etc. On the street, the converter will lock up on its own at a predetermined rpm via your pcm programming.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

DBN pretty much had you covered, but I wanted to add. I would suggest having the tune tweaked if you are using a manual lockup switch to aid with low speed issues.

The lockup switch may or may not gain anything at the track. This would really depend on the efficiency of the converter with the combo. The Yanks I have always found to be really efficient and bet you will find it to be the same.

Quick Reply: 4L60E lockup on a switch any benifits to keep it off at the track