Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post pics of door bars.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just had the worst 10 point in existance fabricated and installed in my car. I wish I would have bought a pre bent setup and had it welded in. It would have saved me a ton of money in the long run after having horrible work done to my car. Take two is probably going to be a wolfe or MWCP. I like the MWCP door bars.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I just had the worst 10 point in existance fabricated and installed in my car. I wish I would have bought a pre bent setup and had it welded in. It would have saved me a ton of money in the long run after having horrible work done to my car. Take two is probably going to be a wolfe or MWCP. I like the MWCP door bars.
Wow sorry to hear that, I'm not going to ask any details but there are alot of very good chassis shops out there that do great work. Unfortunately you had a bad experiance which sucks.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

This is a great thread and answered a lot of questions I had. I'm looking to get one within the next year. Nice setups
Old 12-21-2011, 01:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I like how it is wide at the top by the shoulders and narrow at the bottom by the legs. Is it legal to have all those bends in that bar?
Yep you can have them, though I think the foam makes them look more drastic than they really are.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camar0corey
I sit up pretty far, with the low slung bars I could rest my elbow on the armrest, except I keep my elbows kinda close in when driving, so I actually rest my elbow on the down bar.

I don't know, I'm 5'11" but with where the seat is in the pictures I can fully depress the clutch petal and have only a slight bend in my knee, I don't know how I could ever have the seat further back.

Beaflag you could do it the way Doc has Smoke done up at EFI Alchemy, the down bars in that car actually go through the armrests or something like that, it seems like it leaves the interior open. Don't know if you've ever stopped by there and looked at that car or not. Arm rests still looked functional, I guess the downside is if you wanted it to look good you'd have to do something about the section missing out of the bottom of the arm rest.
That wasn't intentional lol, the guy who installed the cage in that car welded the bars on the wrong sides, didn't know the error till the door panels were put back on after it was done
Old 12-25-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
dude you complain about everything. if you took your car to a shop that does hack work, thats your own fault. it seems like you're nothing but a sob story. everything happens for a reason, and bad things are usually preventable.

sorry, i dont mean to sound like a dick, but damn dude. get it together.

Last edited by kmracer; 12-25-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mines

Wolfe Cage and Net
Attached Thumbnails Post pics of door bars.-wolfe-1.jpg   Post pics of door bars.-wolfe-2.jpg  
Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Launching!

This was good to know more about cuz I'm going to cage my car soon
Old 01-22-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eurospec1
That wasn't intentional lol, the guy who installed the cage in that car welded the bars on the wrong sides, didn't know the error till the door panels were put back on after it was done
Ah, cool thing to know! I always looked at it like why would they run it like this? My theory was room for the laptop? Makes sense now then, especially considering the rest of the car looks to be in show winning condition.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you look, youll see the door bar attachment next to the hood release, so its not in the way of your feet getting in and out. The upper end is also at the rear edge of the door. The door bar barely swings in.

Other interesting......notes. The main hoop is inside the headliner. Its not a head ach rack like most roll bars. The a pillar bars (its a complate cage) are behind the oem a pillar plastic, and the cross bar at the windshield is also inside the head liner.. The roof rails go thru the modded area of the t tops. It actually has MORE head room then the oem car.

I dont know why the pics wont post...I keep getting an internal server error from ls1 tech. These pics are posted on ls1 tech though....Its zombiess car. I built the cage
Attached Thumbnails Post pics of door bars.-al-pics-up-8-13-10-before-speedweek-544.jpg   Post pics of door bars.-al-pics-up-8-13-10-before-speedweek-551.jpg  
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 AM
On The Tree

hi here,s how mine is in my wagon !!!same on what is my drivers side!!!! easy to get in and out!!!! cheers

Quick Reply: Post pics of door bars.