Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you a 5 point harness, side straps

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you a 5 point harness, side straps

im a little confused, i searched and read all kinds of instructions, i know the two shoulder straps mount to the cage, the crotch strap im buying the bracket for.
what about the twoside straps that go to the floor? do i drill a hole with eyebolt? do i have to weld something? pics?
Old 11-24-2011, 11:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vbls
im a little confused, i searched and read all kinds of instructions, i know the two shoulder straps mount to the cage, the crotch strap im buying the bracket for.
what about the twoside straps that go to the floor? do i drill a hole with eyebolt? do i have to weld something? pics?
We normally use the factory mounting points for the lap belt. You may need to come up with a small spacer or different bolt to make your particular bracket work, but the stock seat belt mounts are just fine.
We have the bolt-on crotch strap brackets in stock and the best deal on them. Made of lightweight chromemoly tube and powdercoated finish. Give us a call when you're ready!
Old 11-24-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

open the hole up on the tabs that come on the lap belt, so they fit on the sholder of the stock torx bolts, bolted to the stock floor holes. I have a lock washer over the threads that stops at the shoulder of the bolt, so that tightens on the floor. And the shoulder is 3/4 off the floor. SO the tab is loose to move a little on top of my speed inc carpet, around the center concel, and the door sill panel
Old 11-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

You can get a metric bolt with the same threads and just use that to attach the belts, it helps prevent having to open the holes up much. That's how I held mine in, no problems with it @ all.

The crotch strap I had attached to the bottom of the kirkey seat, which was solid bolted right to the floor on the back studs. Not right by the standards.... but it never failed tech at 6 different tracks, fwiw.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
You can get a metric bolt with the same threads and just use that to attach the belts, it helps prevent having to open the holes up much. That's how I held mine in, no problems with it @ all.
Same..works fine!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

theres only one hole from the stock seat belts, what about the side of the seat with the door.. doesnt it have to come up vertical, not lay flat against the floorboard?
Old 11-25-2011, 09:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There should be one hole on the side of the driveshaft tunnel, and one in the rocker panel for your lap belt attachment points...same as stock. You do not want to modify the factory belt attaching hardware at all- just use the proper hardened bolt(s) and it will work fine.

The attaching bracket should be mounted in the same direction as the pull of the belt to spread the load across the webbing as much as possible. You can put a little bent in the bracket between the slot for the webbing and the bolt hole to make this work better in some situations.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok, i went and looked in my car, now i see.. thanks

Quick Reply: how do you a 5 point harness, side straps