Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag only options for driver and passanger window

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Got ya. I had the battery in a box, and decided that was easier to deal with then the bulkhead would be... either works just a preferance.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
the radiator is alot smaller and will be offset to one side, fuel cell on the other, both sitting under the headlight covers (if that makes sense) I cut the frame horns off so they will end about where the motor plate is, everything will be built with a small round bar structure, cage is coming thru the firewall and is tieing into the shock towers, all the outer metal from the shock tower forward, and back is going away, small round bar with tabs to attach the 1/4 panels... I wanted to be able to stand in the engine bay if I wanted to, to work on the engine Dogbox on the cowl is probably 2.5 times that wide, so when the engine has to come out it can be lifted strait up and the valve covers don't even have to come off. Working on it now when it's done I'll add the pictures to the rebuild thread. Kind of did everything so what's in the back of the car, if I decide to put a pin on hatch on someday it won't matter I don't really have any reason to get to anything back there.

Sounds like you have a plan for yourself. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I hope so too LOL. With the time and effort that's in it if it doesn't, well that's going to just suck

I looked at too many cars before the plan was formulated, chassis wise, motor wise, etc. If this doesn't work out something is very wrong.

Only thing that's throwing me for a loop is an n/a bbc can weigh 2800 for the class now. I know I'm not getting there unless I buy a lightened alum block, and spend about 5 grand on parts from Shawn... really don't want to do that if I can avoid it, I'll already have WAY to much money tied up in this thing.

I'm sure you're in the same boat... stuff just adds up WAY too fast.

I just hope the 582 I want to do will make enough power, and the ron's terminator with alcohol will make the car consistant enough so I can just focus on getting 100% out of the chassis and not be chasing the tumeup too much with weather changes, and just do the best job I can on the starting line. Hopefully the 29.5x10.5w tires are enough so that even when the track's not there, it won't matter too much, etc. Really trying to make it not be track or weather dependant, and hopefully see the car go 8.teen's on a full hit, so I have enough extra to play with on the top end.

Every 8.50 race I have been to, I hear guys lifting all over the place.. hopefully I'll have to do the same.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guy in MY 99TA
thanks for the info fh441!

you wouldnt just happen to have any other pictures of your window latches would u?
Here you go. These pictures should show you exactly how it works.

Name:  securedownload1137.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  31.2 KBName:  securedownload33.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  29.2 KB

Quick Reply: Drag only options for driver and passanger window