Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kirkey Seats , 9" Installed..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kirkey Seats , 9" Installed..

There was thread started awhile back on installing the Pro Drag seats in late models..Some people made their own mounts or mounted the seats on the original seats racks..

I started by measureing the seats on the stock mounts and they ended up way to high for me .( I'm 6' tall)..Then I started to use the Kirkey mounts and they just wouldn't mount without adding something to them to make those fit..

So I decided to mount them directly to the floor and this was much easier and looked alot cleaner installed IMOP..The seats are super comfortable and took almost 60 lbs out of the car..

Also installed a Moser 9" with one of their Aluminum , spooled 35 splined center sections..This was another bolt in without any problems and I really don't think that my car will have any rearend issues for some time to come.

Also thanks to Jay Billingsley for making a very simple ABS delete block that fit like a glove...
Old 03-14-2004, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Those are nice seats. How much do the Kirley's weigh themselves and did you just bolt them to the floor with no adapter-is that correct?
Old 03-14-2004, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kent1
Those are nice seats. How much do the Kirley's weigh themselves and did you just bolt them to the floor with no adapter-is that correct?
With the cloth cushion the seat weighed 15 lbs..What I did was use the 2 back studs that attached the original seats and drill 2 new ones for the front of the seats..The 2 front studs were to far away from the seat to be of any use..The seat sat flush on the carpet and you can't see the attachments for the lumbar support or the power leads...
Old 03-15-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm getting a custom built seat from Kirkey. I talked to Kevin and he told me what measurements to take. I'm a big guy at 6'4" @ 300+ pounds. He assured me more leg room, which is my majory concern besides safety. My stock leather seats push me forward an additional 3 inches over the Kirkey Drag Seats. I plan on mounting mine low, and having my buddy Shane at Induction build me a custom welded mount. The passenger seat will be a standard Econo Drag with an 18" width.

The weight savings of Kirkey vs. stock is unbelievable! My best guess is atleast 60lbs of dead weight removed from the car. Lighter is faster, even I'm on a diet and exercise regemine to get some dead weight off of me!!!

Good looking job on your car, and that 9 inch rearend looks killer!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fast SS on TNT
The weight savings of Kirkey vs. stock is unbelievable! My best guess is atleast 60lbs of dead weight removed from the car. Lighter is faster, even I'm on a diet and exercise regemine to get some dead weight off of me!!!

Good looking job on your car, and that 9 inch rearend looks killer!!!
Thanks Fast SS I appreciate it..You are right on with the 60 lbs because I weighed both original seats at work then the 2 Kirkeys and it came out to 61 1/2 lb. difference...
Old 03-16-2004, 11:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

How did you mount your seats to the ground? I want to mount my seats as low as possible, and as far back as possible, this should help with comfort issues. I have a set of Kirkey Pro Street seats with covers coming from Jegs, and am looking for max leg room.
Did you weld up homemade brackets? Do the seats come with some sort of bracket with bolt holes? I can get anything welded or fabricated, so this is no major concern.