Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag brake pad options

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drag brake pad options

I have a Strange Eng. rear drag brake setup/stock up front, and need new pads for them. They had the soft pads but wore quickly, I havent made it to the car yet to see if there are other issues causing the quick wear, I just wanted to get an idea of what brake pads are used.

This car is mainly street driven with occasional track visits.

Car- 2000 z28, moser 9, 28in tire/weld draglites,minor weight saving
Old 01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

how much do you drive it? How long did they last?
Old 01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

there hawk pads I know on thouse. How many miles did you get? The rear brakes don't do anything really, I had the little willwood dynalight rear brakes for like 3-4 years. And can't notice any pad wear really.

Im just using the pads, (front and rear) that came my my strange kits, And there doing good. But I have the Pro2 fronts with a floating rotors they should hold up to heat better. Not sure what pad you have, strange only list them as one set for car traping under 150mph, other set for going 150+. And won't tell you anything about street driving them if you ask whats better for street driving. haha
My roomate had a set of non vented willwood drag brakes (front and rear lightweight kits) The pads looked them same as my kit. He street drove them alot in a 2500 pound evo thats did trap 150s I think. And they would squeal once they were warm annoying as hell in traffic. Then on another evo with the same brake kit but he got the softer pad (from willwood), so they didn't squeal like wanted. But had alot more brake dust, never really wore the pads down. But they did wear more then the harder pads. So Im not sure if you should get the "150+" strange pads, see if anyone is street driving them. if they sqeal. And think you better off with the softer ones again.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

2 track passes and street driven around 300 miles. I think they were the soft pads. I had no squeling with them, but a lot of break dust. maybe i have an issue with the front. thanks for the replys and when I take them off ill report back

Quick Reply: drag brake pad options