Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my Mike Meeks impression Tennessee style.... haha

Old 02-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Light+Strong+Tuneable=Competitive. Get some.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tim99ws6
Just thinking,

I really can't say enough about Devlin and Cage Rage Chassis' work. Attention to detail and quality of welds is something I really got screwed on with my last "cage" and I really struggled with finding someone I could trust and that was within my price range. Devlin's work fit my needs perfectly.

He's got his measurements for 10 and 8pt cage guys now regarding the main hoop and the other bars for other guys that just want the basic 8 or 10pt now. His welding and attention to detail is right on par with my OCD ***, haha. He just finished Brian's 3rd gen vert car and is doing an 8pt for someone else next month while mine is getting some other work done.
I have to second this post, Devlin's work is second to none, there are pictures of my car in a different thread in the same section. Tim's car is turning out to be a work of art and I can't say enough how happy I am with my car.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tim,

Looking good!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your car....

-Dave
Old 02-14-2012, 08:16 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dacajun
Tim,

Looking good!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your car....

-Dave
Thanks Dave!!!

So, I'm at a little bit of a crossroads after Devlin/Cage Rage made some great progress over the last few days:

Devlin got the tubs in and the main hoop for the rear bars. I have the option of a single upper X or double x'ing the bars as the pink string shows. What would you guys do? The wife thinks the upper x only? From a rules perspective, neither is really needed, so that's not an issue. Just purely for asthetics and a little stiffening on the chassis.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

First, car looks great, looks like you have a great guy working on it for sure!

2nd, I would double X it.

3rd, are you staying stock rear suspension with the car or are the tubs just sitting in there, they look really close together for a stock suspension car!

Keep the updates coming... can't wait to see the end product!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
First, car looks great, looks like you have a great guy working on it for sure!

2nd, I would double X it.

3rd, are you staying stock rear suspension with the car or are the tubs just sitting in there, they look really close together for a stock suspension car!

Keep the updates coming... can't wait to see the end product!

1) Thanks Man!!! I think i have really found a hidden gem in this guy and he's really excited to get into the F-body market

2) That's what i want too....weight is negligible, so why not, haha.

3) The tubs are really deceiving. It's still very much so a stock suspension car. The stock frame rails are 100% there (not even notched), and the shocks still mount up the the original location 100%. We just went this way for the clean look and to match up to the extra rear frame rail for the 25.3 stuff.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:33 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice work! Another motivational thread for me to enjoy!

Scott
Old 02-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Got ya. I'm having a 25.3 done right now as well, but I'm moving some thigns around. There may, be a wishbone going on the car depending on whether there's room for the PHB with the wheelie bars or not, and I'm moving the rear shocks to the back side of the housing, ditching the factory connection point. Cage is coming down into the area where the stock fuel tank sits, and will have the shocks mounted there. Swaybar I had on the rear (wolfe single) is staying, at least until I know I need more then what it can do, lca's are getting shifted inwards, to give more tire clearance, I'm doing a minitub, but the frame rail is absolutely getting notched, as they're getting pulled in away from the 1/4 as far as possible/make as much room as possible in case I want to put a W or a 31x10.5 on it. Car is getting big block power.

I don't have any rules for stock suspension, I can run pretty much anything I want in the 8.50 index I'm planning to do 99% of my racing. Only reason I didn't ditch the sort of stock rear suspension, is that what I will have on there will still fit the rules at alot of places... with all the stuff that the G body and fox body guys do and get away with, what I am doing certainly isn't pushing it too far.

Tire will be a 29.5 hoosier (18192) which is an oversized non W 29.5 slick, car will have a 72 inch wheelie bar set on it, and sit as low as we can get it. Front exit headers are helping get the car lower as well.

I will have a bunch of pictures to put up soon, car is in and everything is cut, should be tubing going in this week, once he's done I will take the whole album and post it in my rebuild thread that I haven't updated in forever.

Back on topic: I would love to see underneath where you put the tubs in like that, just so I can see where the frame rail's are compared to the tubing, and when the back part of the tubing is done, I'd love to see that too. I'm sure that it's going to look killer.

Chassis guys are a hard find for sure though... it's hard to find one that has good business pratices, and gets good work done, and isn't priced totally out in left field, the 3 together are a rare gem. I'm lucky to have found one.. I was ready to send my car 1000 miles away, becuase if it weren't for the guy I did find, I was going to.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 PM
8 Second Club

That's cool your wife has an opinion about your car that's not negative. What size tire do you plan on running?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

Looks great Tim!

Your project is coming along very good it appears.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Back on topic: I would love to see underneath where you put the tubs in like that, just so I can see where the frame rail's are compared to the tubing, and when the back part of the tubing is done, I'd love to see that too. I'm sure that it's going to look killer.

I'll get some pics this weekend for you. I just like a different approach to things and this is it!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1SpeedAddict
That's cool your wife has an opinion about your car that's not negative. What size tire do you plan on running?

LOL, Thanks man. The tire will be a 275/60/15 or a 26x8.5x15 depending on the class we are in.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMKN TA 95
Looks great Tim!

Your project is coming along very good it appears.

Just trying to keep up with the jones'

Old 02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just trying to keep up with the jones'

Ya man, them damn Jones'. Dem ****** seem to keep moving that bar higher and higher every year making it tougher for us little common folk to come out and play. Oh well, with hard work, eating a bunch of sandwiches, and some determination, we'll give em' some hell huh????

I'm always rooten for the little guy!! huh btw, no pun intended.

Keep up the good work!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Stupid question time, how fast do you have to go to be competitive in this class?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JAX04
Stupid question time, how fast do you have to go to be competitive in this class?

In the 8's gets you in a respectable car. 8.50 if you are trying to win.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dacajun
Ya man, them damn Jones'. Dem ****** seem to keep moving that bar higher and higher every year making it tougher for us little common folk to come out and play. Oh well, with hard work, eating a bunch of sandwiches, and some determination, we'll give em' some hell huh????

I'm always rooten for the little guy!! huh btw, no pun intended.

Keep up the good work!!!

You got that right! If nothing else, we are putting this bitch in the beams and going to make them work for it
Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Good deal, thanks man.

Best of luck to ya. Any thoughts on which turbo your leaning towards right now?

Are billet wheels allowed?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn LPE car has gone 8.62@165 in testing and the Preston's have made several changes to their program over the winter.

It's going to be a damn fast year for sure especially with you getting really serious!

Quick Reply: Tim99ws6 25.3 Real Street 275 Build