Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good tim.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waterproofer
looking good tim.

Thanks bud,

It's a long road ahead but we are still plugging away. Should have some more updated pics this weekend.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
FormerVendor

Well......

Its looking like I'm on board now LOL

Hopefully I can talk Turbonetics into getting us a free turbo
Old 02-17-2012, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What turbo does turbonetics make in a 76mm unit that will run 8's at 3300?

I know you sell BW and Garrett stuff too along with Precision, I figured Tim would use a BW turbo...?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:11 AM
FormerVendor

Believe it or not Turbonetics has large frame race only turbos. I know that they are not as common place as the other ones you mentioned I think its because they are really expensive.

I submitted Tim's sponsorship package last week so we'll see what they can do.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
What turbo does turbonetics make in a 76mm unit that will run 8's at 3300?

I know you sell BW and Garrett stuff too along with Precision, I figured Tim would use a BW turbo...?

I'm really excited as is Rob on taking on this task of a home-built ride and running it in real street! We've been talking a lot over the past month about our options and been in talks with all three mentioned. Right now, we are leaning towards Turbonetics and hopefully they can help us out on our shoe-string budget, haha. Trust me, we aren't leaving ANY turbo or brand off the table at this point. Asking a 76mm to do what is needed is a bit insane, as LPE is going through the same issue. We just hope to get out there and give another test bed for the products that Modular sells and hopefully ruffle a few feathers at the same time.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really glad we have you in our corner, Rob. I'm SO excited to see what turbonetics can offer us, and I'm even more excited to see what we can to with a modern top shelf turbo versus the old TV8513.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

Tim & I are twisting Chris Bounds' (CBRperformance) arm right now on the phone trying to get him to find time to build Tim's turbo kit LOL
Old 02-17-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nice build, looks like a little much for real street, but I guess thats how the class is going to go.

you going to make the Atlanta race? I am not going to make florida.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BES Stroked Nova
nice build, looks like a little much for real street, but I guess thats how the class is going to go.

Thanks brother!

A little much? Says the car with a BES motor. remember, we're just a poor old back yard built 408 with some blood sweat and tears, haha.

Yep. We can't guarantee it, but we should be good to go for Atlanta!

Last edited by tim99ws6; 02-17-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Launching!

^The truth. The engine was built by a local machinist, and we freshened it and the trans BOTH in my basement. This is small scale stuff, people. The chassis is immaculate, but we're just some normal guys doing our best to build a real street car. Without cage rage chassis, the car wouldn't inspire responses like "a little much for real street". We're lucky to have him, and believe me we're going to take full advantage of Devlin's abilities. We both appreciate the comments though!
Old 02-17-2012, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the first post I'm going to have to disagree with you on BES.

I really can't see how a roll cage albeit a 25.3 makes Tim's car any faster or radical?

He might want to run a faster class one day as he progresses on as much of us die hard racer's progress too.

I would say more than anything the data logging, motor combo (heads, cr, c.i., intake, efi, carb) and power adder is what make a car radical in any sense of the word in a heads up racing class where everything is radical and if your leaving anything on the table, someone else next to you probably isn't.

Don't take it as me jumping ya, as I'm pretty sure we always shared some of the same ideas regarding some of this stuff in the past.

Just my .02 cents
Old 02-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't see anything that makes the build see "radical", it's well within the rules of the class and the safety of the car is being put so that the car will be more then needed.

When you get to this point, much like I am myself, you have to look at the safety level as sort of an investment in the car as well as keeping you safe. If he had built a 25.5 cert cage in the car it would be worth X amount of dollars, but for very little additional money you can do a 25.3 that will be worth a good bit more if you ever need to sell the car, making for a good investment.

I didn't "need" any more then an 8.50 cert in my car but I wanted to put the halo around me and X the roof just to be safe.... that quickly turned into a 25.3 cert. By the time we got done cutting out what was in it and redoing it in a better way, and with what I wanted it was pointless not to just finish it off all the way to a 25.3 For the extra 2500 I'm spending to do it that way compred to what it was going to be for what I wanted, the car will be worth 5 grand more then it would have been with an 8.50 cert.

Made sense to do it. And neither Tim, or I will probably ever have to worry about the car going faster then the cert (Tim I can't speak for you on this but to go south of 6.50 I don't see that happening if you're building on the working man's budget, which it sounds like you are, much like myself)

Excellent work on the car, and I'm looking forward to the pictures from underneath with the tubs where you have them!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went a little farther on my cage than planned while car was at chassis shop, but didnt finish every aspect of getting it 7.50 cert'd. I know how it goes when at the chassis shop! LOL they just want to keep going and going on it, but tight budget limits a lot for me.

maybe I should explain myself a little more in detail, just after talking with NMCA about what they wanted for the class, I ment little radical for real street being as they wanted mostly stock appearing bodies and interiors, massive wheel tubs are far from that is my point. and my opinion.

I dont have the funds to cut much out of mine, costs to much to replace metal I take out. LOL

and about BES motor, they are 12 miles from my house, why not have the best build it if they are so close. plus its just a bracket special style engine that I slap with nitrous, as Tony would say. I robbed peter to pay paul to get this engine even together. it was 3 years in the making when it was first fired in the car.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good Tim. Cage work is sick. If I get my junk together I may come out and play. Tiny Engine's with Big RPM's, Compression and a 76mm Turbo sounds like fun. May as well see how many Turbo's I can break this year. The Outlaw DR car needs some Company....
Old 02-20-2012, 08:45 AM
9 Second Club

I went a little farther on my cage than planned while car was at chassis shop, but didnt finish every aspect of getting it 7.50 cert'd. I know how it goes when at the chassis shop! LOL they just want to keep going and going on it, but tight budget limits a lot for me.

maybe I should explain myself a little more in detail, just after talking with NMCA about what they wanted for the class, I ment little radical for real street being as they wanted mostly stock appearing bodies and interiors, massive wheel tubs are far from that is my point. and my opinion.

I dont have the funds to cut much out of mine, costs to much to replace metal I take out. LOL

and about BES motor, they are 12 miles from my house, why not have the best build it if they are so close. plus its just a bracket special style engine that I slap with nitrous, as Tony would say. I robbed peter to pay paul to get this engine even together. it was 3 years in the making when it was first fired in the car.

I hear you on that one. I'm stupid lucky to team up with Cage Rage and Devlin on the chassis work. For us, we are doing the opposite of what everyone's always does:

We are building a top level chassis with no expenses spared on the turbo, transmision, rear end, or front suspension. We will get every last tenth out of this under-motor'd car i can promise you that.

The next step is to build a legit motor for the car and then we will decide if we step into ODR/x275 level or stay in Real Street. I'd prefer to stay in Real Street myself as it fits into where i've always wanted to put my car: about an 8.50 car.

LOL at the BES motor. I honestly only made that rib at you.....because i was jealous Trust me, if i could afford it, I'd have one between my frame rails! Promise you will go easy on us in Atlanta! We're just pup-pupp's at this!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Looking good Tim. Cage work is sick. If I get my junk together I may come out and play. Tiny Engine's with Big RPM's, Compression and a 76mm Turbo sounds like fun. May as well see how many Turbo's I can break this year. The Outlaw DR car needs some Company....

Yep! Nothing like place-holder's for the nitrous guys! Who knows, maybe they'll screw up and hand us a round here and there???
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
This is the first post I'm going to have to disagree with you on BES.

I really can't see how a roll cage albeit a 25.3 makes Tim's car any faster or radical?

He might want to run a faster class one day as he progresses on as much of us die hard racer's progress too.

I would say more than anything the data logging, motor combo (heads, cr, c.i., intake, efi, carb) and power adder is what make a car radical in any sense of the word in a heads up racing class where everything is radical and if your leaving anything on the table, someone else next to you probably isn't.

Don't take it as me jumping ya, as I'm pretty sure we always shared some of the same ideas regarding some of this stuff in the past.

Just my .02 cents

I have a simple XFI system data logger, but if i can steal my buddies extra sportman logger, you know i will, haha. Thanks for the support man! I'd say me and BES are about even-steven when it comes to our "race program". His setup is BAD to the BONE!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:50 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I don't see anything that makes the build see "radical", it's well within the rules of the class and the safety of the car is being put so that the car will be more then needed.

When you get to this point, much like I am myself, you have to look at the safety level as sort of an investment in the car as well as keeping you safe. If he had built a 25.5 cert cage in the car it would be worth X amount of dollars, but for very little additional money you can do a 25.3 that will be worth a good bit more if you ever need to sell the car, making for a good investment.

I didn't "need" any more then an 8.50 cert in my car but I wanted to put the halo around me and X the roof just to be safe.... that quickly turned into a 25.3 cert. By the time we got done cutting out what was in it and redoing it in a better way, and with what I wanted it was pointless not to just finish it off all the way to a 25.3 For the extra 2500 I'm spending to do it that way compred to what it was going to be for what I wanted, the car will be worth 5 grand more then it would have been with an 8.50 cert.

Made sense to do it. And neither Tim, or I will probably ever have to worry about the car going faster then the cert (Tim I can't speak for you on this but to go south of 6.50 I don't see that happening if you're building on the working man's budget, which it sounds like you are, much like myself)

Excellent work on the car, and I'm looking forward to the pictures from underneath with the tubs where you have them!

Exactly, you're about damn crazy to go 25.5 at this point and NOT spend the extra for 25.3 IMO Not that i will EVER go anything that'll outrun a 7.50 spec even, but for the cost involved, it's worth it.

Plus....it's just more badass! If it was cool to rock out on cheap stuff, me and Kool Rayz would still be rocking out the old school Prostars like we did last year

<Prostar Race Cars Represent!> haha
Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Update:

With some guidance from Bob and Devlin, we test fitted the rear end last night along with the super light and strong AEI LCAs and prototype outlaw style torque arm. The wheels landed exactly where we wanted, so we are happy with that. Discovered we need travel limiters and custom shock mounting tabs for the rear shocks, but no real setback there. All we need now is to weld the mounting eyes for the torque arm to the housing and we can send the housing to be coated. I'm really stoked to see this thing sit down on the 100% new suspension! Front should be here sometime in march.

Quick Reply: Tim99ws6 25.3 Real Street 275 Build