Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vic junior, accufab and LS6 valley cover questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Vic junior, accufab and LS6 valley cover questions.

I want to switch to this setup. I have searched but cant seem to find concrete answers to my questions. Can yall help me out? Here are my questions.

Where can I get the hardware to make my stock fuel lines plug into some aftermarket rails?

What throttle linkage do I need to make this work?

If I switch is there any way that I can keep water from running down the windshield and into the throttle body?

Is this the intake I need? They make different styles. http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/29086/10002/-1

Will a LS6 style valley cover work with this setup? I have GMPP valve covers that have no provisions for PCV so I need the LS6 setup.

Will I have to change the steam tubes that run between the heads?

Sorry for all the questions but I like to know EXACTLY what im getting into before I order it all. Thanks fellas
Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock steam vents fit fine. Speed inc line kit is what I used for stock rails its 109. Canr comment on rest I have a elbow and stock valley atm.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 AM
9 Second Club

I just did this set up on my bros car. You can use your stock fuel line its a 90 s/s gm mopar fuel inlet fitting. Its a push loc just like your on your factory fuel rail. Im sure if you called a vendor up on here they can tell you what it is. Then the rest of the fuel rails I just used 8an fittings
Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
I want to switch to this setup. I have searched but cant seem to find concrete answers to my questions. Can yall help me out? Here are my questions.

Where can I get the hardware to make my stock fuel lines plug into some aftermarket rails?

jegs -->fittings&hoses-->fuel injection fittings. Aeromotive and russell both have push fittings.

What throttle linkage do I need to make this work?

Im sure someone makes something that bolts on, but I just made one.

If I switch is there any way that I can keep water from running down the windshield and into the throttle body?

Unless you plan on running speed density tune, you will need to run a carb hat of some kind so you can connect the MAF, so water getting in won't be a problem.

Is this the intake I need? They make different styles. http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/29086/10002/-1

yes that will work

Will a LS6 style valley cover work with this setup? I have GMPP valve covers that have no provisions for PCV so I need the LS6 setup.

Yes, I run the LS6 style on my car

Will I have to change the steam tubes that run between the heads?

I just connected the tubes together and put a breather filter on the oil fill cap.

Sorry for all the questions but I like to know EXACTLY what im getting into before I order it all. Thanks fellas
I put responses in bold.

You do know you will have to cut the cowl to make this fit and also run an after market hood to get the clearance needed, right?