Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check This Out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00SS4780
You have to have a running car first there Brian....LOL. Any word yet on your heads. I'm ready to go watch your car run at Shadyside!
The heads are done, but he must keep them to port match the intake. He said he would get to to my intake this week. I still figure a couple weeks.

Look at the bright side, at the moment I am saving gas, can't break anything, and I can't get busted by the cops. lol

But then again, I rather be driving it with the top down since the weather is getting nice
Old 03-23-2004, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The hard thing is trying to explain to them that the car should be faster and your working the bugs out of it, they just don't understand. I guess when I get the bugs worked out of it they'll be thinking i'm spraying a 250 shot then.

-Sly
Old 03-24-2004, 06:56 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by slyws6
Ok, I have the mods in my sig minus the ported TB and I haven't had the ported MAF on the car yet. I put them in my sig because well I have been meaning to get around to porting the TB and putting the other MAF on. Anyway, after going to the 1/8mile track again today I was stuck in the 7.70-7.72 at 89-90mph. This just seemed a little slow for my mods. So in despair I decided to take out the screen in the MAF sensor to see if it made any difference (not knowing what else to do at this time). First run down the track without the screen (only change) netted me 7.61 @ 91.5mph so I thought to myself this must be a fluke. Once again, 7.61 at 91.8 mph!! So this tells me that my engine is breathing through a straw and needs more air, so I'm hoping a ported TB and putting my ported MAF on will make a big difference!

Results: 60ft- 1.765 ET- 7.615 MPH- 91.863

I just found this amazing that the screen made this much difference. I also know this time isn't the best and could be better, with a faster 60ft, turning of the COT sensor that the tuner forgot to turn off, and the ported TB and MAF I think my times will drop even more.

-Sly
Those times are good for high 11's. I think you should be getting a little more mph out of your set up. You must have been hooking up good. You are running over 3 tenths faster than me in the e/t but only 1 mph faster in your trap speed. Get the throttle body ported and a new maf and you should be in the 93 to 95 mph range.
Good time regardless.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya I think my MPH sucks but I think my tuning is affecting me right now, it's dumping fuel in while I'm going down the track cause of the COT sensor kicking in. She's got a bunch of little quirks that need to be ironed out, I think she's still got a lot more in her.

-Sly