Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear arm and chassis bracing

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear arm and chassis bracing

I am in the process of building up the rear of my camaro now. My rearend came in, shocks, lower control arms, wheels and slicks....lol, and I removed the factory fuel tank as I'm going to run a fuel cell in the lower trunk area. Now, the thing is this, as I am not running the fuel tank and I have much more room, the standard rear bar and panhard bar I had planned on making adjustable ones from tubing and heim joints and changing the design and location of the upper bar. Not so much the panhard bar, but the upper one could definitely use some better bracing and strength.

Has anyone built anything different, I have a ton of ideas, just wondering what other people had built to see for reference. I am running a 4" exhaust over it, so more clearance the better.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Just take the upper brace off its not really needed espeacially if your building a strip car
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

I just figured it would be better to tie the frame rails together and it helps stiffen that brace for the panhard bar
Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also removed that brace a long time ago.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PSI GUY
I just figured it would be better to tie the frame rails together and it helps stiffen that brace for the panhard bar
i think your idea sounds good, it definitely doesnt hurt to tie the rails together although it may no be needed.