Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If turbos are more efficient and make more power than a sc'er.....then.....???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been so long, I bet it would be real hard to find a results page for those old 1/4 mile pass'??
IIRC, they were 270-275ish mph at the 660', which is still frigging amazing
and more then any other car has even done in the 1/4 so far!! (they are getting close)

Mine is a 2 stage build.
The 1st combo is a 557", brodix heads, dart big M, single throttle body, 16 injectors, F3R, belt drive,
11-1, MSD 8 plus with Power Grid controller piggy backed.
This is what we are learning on and should be fairly low boost, low maintenance for some 1/4 mile racing.

The next stage will be a 540" with either a 14 1/2* Big Chief type head, or a solid casting blower head.
It depends on if we destroy the current water heads when the boost get's dialed up??
This is when we will think about going max boost and will probably have a big power 1/8 mile tune up.
I was thinking about going for a 4.19 1/8 mile combo??
For about a second and a half I was thinking about trying for a 3.99, but that little bit would be very expensive.
I think 4.20's will be very do able, even at my budget level??
I do have a decent car, it's older, but has been pretty damn fast on N2O, and handled 1950 HP fine.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

People don't understand what 1900 hp can do... it's a serious power level. With what you're putting together I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up in the 2400 hp range when it's all said and done. Any reason you are doing the belt drive and not a gear drive? Alot less issues with the gear drive from everyone I know that has gone to one from the traditional belt fwiw.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it like this, and he did not like gear drives for whatever reason??
Also his chassis builder prefers belt drive, so the 2 guys helping me prefer a belt,
so I went with belt not to rock the boat.
Which is great for me, more money for other stuff.
Plus they have never lost a belt in many many years, but they also have a different way they mount the blower.
They use a double mount, they mount it from the rear and from the front.

Remember I know nothing about ProChargers, and I'm getting 100 opinions on everything,
so at a certain point you make a decision and live with it.

I've also been told by a few guys I will have to try and not make 1750 HP.
Big F3R, 557" and alcohol is definitely going to be a handful??
So I have a feeling, I'm going to need a bigger pulley to slow it down while we learn!!
He ran it at 42 lbs, I definitely don't need or want that!!

Quick Reply: If turbos are more efficient and make more power than a sc'er.....then.....???