Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear lower control arm question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear lower control arm question.

I have a simple question. Should my control arms be parallel with the ground when the car is on the ground with all weight on it.

Right now my car isn't lowered but the control point at the rear end is slightly higher than the point that is attaching to the control arm box. It is about 1.5" lower.

I am just trying to figure out if I would benefit from lowering the rear of the control arm to match the height of the front.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken
Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you need a good set of weld-in LCA relocator brackets.

Generally level or slightly pointed up toward the chassis is most desirable. If your car is so low that even LCA relocator brackets aren't enough to achieve this, then chances are your center of gravity point in the car will be so low that it will adverse affect the weight transfer needed to keep the tires planted. Real low may look good, but it usually isn't fast for most guys.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If the car's low enough you may have to have a set built rather then the standard weld in ones that are offered as well.

1 to 2 degrees, with an angle finder on the control arm, front of the arm pointing up is usually a pretty good starting point.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.

The car is actually very good now but I just think it will be better if I get the control arms right. Not sure if I am wasting energy with the arms the way they are now. I am going to make my own brackets on the rearend instead of the off the shelf ones.

Thanks again.

Ken

Quick Reply: Rear lower control arm question.