Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All mods done ... "Quest for Better ET's & 60's .. Rear DA Coil Overs, 2-Step & LL"

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by i6overboard
stance looks good for launching. Im probably gonna order a set of these coilovers for the rear as well to match my fronts.
I am thinking the same thing ... I jumped on it with the initial settings I am using and what used to be spinning was grip! I have high hopes at the next rack visit.

Thanks ... I will be getting a set of fronts to match my rears soon. These came from Carl at CRP ... he always gives me a smoking deal.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking setup you got there, I just bought 4 single adjustable strange's for my car. Anything is better than my stock 130k mile slp bilsteins with lowering springs. What has been your best 60' so far? If you don't mind me asking how much did that DA coil over setup run you? I'm hoping I can get down in the 1.5x range on my 26x11.5's. Our car's are very similar, except your's being a hard top yet your's is 100lbs less than mine when I was N/A. Did you weigh your's with your race wheel setup, I know I weighed mine with 17x9.5 zr1's all the way around.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, she looks good. Now get that thing to the track! I want to know how the new S60 does.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
Nice looking setup you got there, I just bought 4 single adjustable strange's for my car. Anything is better than my stock 130k mile slp bilsteins with lowering springs. What has been your best 60' so far? If you don't mind me asking how much did that DA coil over setup run you? I'm hoping I can get down in the 1.5x range on my 26x11.5's. Our car's are very similar, except your's being a hard top yet your's is 100lbs less than mine when I was N/A. Did you weigh your's with your race wheel setup, I know I weighed mine with 17x9.5 zr1's all the way around.
Thanks ... I removed 80k mile stock de Carbon's. So far my best 60 was 1.7x's spinning well past the tree, so I too am hoping these will get me down to the 1.5x's. Yes, I weighed mine with the race setup, but it was at a Cat Scales at a local truck stop. They say they are not very accurate on smaller weights ... accurate down to 40 or so pounds. I will be doing DA Stange's in the front too soon.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by guppymech
Brian, she looks good. Now get that thing to the track! I want to know how the new S60 does.
Thanks guppymech .... I have made 11 1/8-mile runs thus far and the S60 is fantastic. I am planning to attend a track day at the end of April for some 1/4 mile runs.

Last edited by BrianSF-GA; 04-15-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:30 PM
10 Second Club

Looking good, love the stance after the coilovers.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:18 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by navyblueSS
Looking good, love the stance after the coilovers.
Thanks navyblueSS ... I liked it so much too I changed my "sig" pic .

Did you sell your NBM for the 5th gen or do you still have it? It is making great numbers through an A4 na ... is that with a 10-bolt or does it have a rear?
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

stance looks good for launching. Im probably gonna order a set of these coilovers for the rear as well to match my fronts.
hey ioverboard ... I see from your "sig" you have your Vektor RT's mounted. Do you have other photos? They look great!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
Thanks navyblueSS ... I liked it so much too I changed my "sig" pic .

Did you sell your NBM for the 5th gen or do you still have it? It is making great numbers through an A4 na ... is that with a 10-bolt or does it have a rear?
Thanks I still have the NBM to, it has a Moser 12 bolt with 3.42 gears. Our engine combos are nearly identical, I just have a little more cam.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 AM
11 Second Club

I have the Strange DA's out back, and the fronts are waiting to go on. With just the back installed I could tell a difference. I pulled a 1.60 at our local 1/8 mile track where I usually run 1.67-1.69, but I changed from ET Drags to Hoosier Dr's, and 3.23's to 3.73's also. I did have my 17" Z06's up front instead of my 15" race stars.

But the car looks great man.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

hey ioverboard ... I see from your "sig" you have your Vektor RT's mounted. Do you have other photos? They look great!!!!!
yup, i've been so busy working on our dragsters lately that the camaro has been on the back burner and just sitting in the garage, I have a big list of parts that i will be ordering to get this thing light and back on the track.

heres a pic i grabbed on my iphone before it went in the garage

Old 04-16-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by navyblueSS
Thanks I still have the NBM to, it has a Moser 12 bolt with 3.42 gears. Our engine combos are nearly identical, I just have a little more cam.
Very nice ... I so wanted a NBM stroker when I bought my car. Yours sounds very nice! I wanted an M6, but now my wife wishes I got an A4 ... she had a tough time with the clutch the one time she drove it. She is scared of it now. The M6 is a blast to drive, but obviously, the A4 would be a much better drag combo. Good like with both f-bodies, although, I am not a fan of the 5th gen yet.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by boostednismo
I have the Strange DA's out back, and the fronts are waiting to go on. With just the back installed I could tell a difference. I pulled a 1.60 at our local 1/8 mile track where I usually run 1.67-1.69, but I changed from ET Drags to Hoosier Dr's, and 3.23's to 3.73's also. I did have my 17" Z06's up front instead of my 15" race stars.

But the car looks great man.
Great 60' ... I am hoping to get into the 1.5's with these. It may also take the matching fronts for me to get there. Let me know how it does with the fronts on too.

What track are you running on down there? There is a track day in middle GA at the end of the month I am planning to attend.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

yup, i've been so busy working on our dragsters lately that the camaro has been on the back burner and just sitting in the garage, I have a big list of parts that i will be ordering to get this thing light and back on the track.

heres a pic i grabbed on my iphone before it went in the garage
Those look great (as I knew they would) .... !
Old 04-16-2012, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Great 60' ... I am hoping to get into the 1.5's with these. It may also take the matching fronts for me to get there. Let me know how it does with the fronts on too.

What track are you running on down there? There is a track day in middle GA at the end of the month I am planning to attend.
Thanks. It will be awhile before I run again. I broke the 10 bolt a few weeks ago but replaced it with a spare so I can drive it. I'm saving up for a better rear end. I run at SGMP and DMP in Douglas. Middle Ga, you talking about Reynolds? Good luck hitting your goal.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks. It will be awhile before I run again. I broke the 10 bolt a few weeks ago but replaced it with a spare so I can drive it. I'm saving up for a better rear end. I run at SGMP and DMP in Douglas. Middle Ga, you talking about Reynolds? Good luck hitting your goal.
Yea, Silver Dollar ... I have never been, but that is the only other 1/4-mile track I can run at without meeting tech. The other is Steele, Alabama. Thanks for the luck. Too bad about your rear ... what are you looking to upgrade to?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Yea, Silver Dollar ... I have never been, but that is the only other 1/4-mile track I can run at without meeting tech. The other is Steele, Alabama. Thanks for the luck. Too bad about your rear ... what are you looking to upgrade to?
Silver Dollar is a good track, I haven't been in years though. I know its a long drive but you can run at SGMP. Carter01 runs 9's and never gets into trouble there. Weighing my options at the moment, but looking at the s60 and 9". But if I find a 12 bolt used at the right price I will try to pick it up.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Silver Dollar is a good track, I haven't been in years though. I know its a long drive but you can run at SGMP. Carter01 runs 9's and never gets into trouble there. Weighing my options at the moment, but looking at the s60 and 9". But if I find a 12 bolt used at the right price I will try to pick it up.
SGMP (Adel) is a 4+ hour drive for me and SDR is 2.5 hours. That is just too long of a drive for me just to run the 1/4 when I have an 1/8-mile track 40 minutes up the road. Even the 2.5 hours drive is too far (but it is a track day) ... fuel costs are ridiculous at 10 mpg. I will stick close to home for the most part and, hopefully, next year I will be passing tech for Commerce .... LSX Shootout here we come!

Good luck finding a used rear ... I was thinking the same thing, but, I was able to get a new, spooled, S60 for the asking prices of used posi'd rears. Now my 10-bolt is stored if I ever de-mod!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Brian looks good. I wonder how much weight off the front you lost going to that coil over set up...
Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

SGMP (Adel) is a 4+ hour drive for me and SDR is 2.5 hours. That is just too long of a drive for me just to run the 1/4 when I have an 1/8-mile track 40 minutes up the road. Even the 2.5 hours drive is too far (but it is a track day) ... fuel costs are ridiculous at 10 mpg. I will stick close to home for the most part and, hopefully, next year I will be passing tech for Commerce .... LSX Shootout here we come!

Good luck finding a used rear ... I was thinking the same thing, but, I was able to get a new, spooled, S60 for the asking prices of used posi'd rears. Now my 10-bolt is stored if I ever de-mod!
Yeah i don't blame you not wanting to drive 4 hours one way. Well let us know how it goes at SDR. I'm sending you a PM also.

Quick Reply: All mods done ... "Quest for Better ET's & 60's .. Rear DA Coil Overs, 2-Step & LL"