Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MWC antiroll bar wont fit brackets that came on the strange 12 bolt housing

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MWC antiroll bar wont fit brackets that came on the strange 12 bolt housing

I had a MWC antiroll on my ten bolt and it was the 10/12 bolt antiroll bar, worked fine on the ten bolt and my strange 12 bolt came with sway bar stock style brackets welded on the rearend already, well needless to say they are about an inch to wide and my Anti-roll wont bolt to it, just to short has anyone ran into this....kinda upsetting after spending 400+ on that anti-roll and 3k on a good rearend lol
Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Have you tried talking to Eric about this, or just decided to go straight to bitching on the internet?

Sean
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Could be the brackets are in the wrong spot on the housing too, did you order it with them specifically in any spot or just left it to them? May not be a problem with the sway bar. Also, when you bought the sway bar did you order it knowing it was going on a ten bolt then later being installed on a 12 bolt?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:21 AM

dude im doing anything but bitching, i was just wondering what people solved this with....it worked perfectly on my ten bolt..if u think im bitching GTFO

Eric is a busy man i was seeing if i could fix it without contacting him, i think a local chassis shop is going to just make me a new bar for my ends to go on and make it around an inch longer..

And JL i didnt know the housing would come with brackets but they came in stock location and i noticed when i put the anti-roll bar on the ten bolt i had to move the stock U-Bolts in a half inch or so on each side for the right location
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok, well the brackets, may have been something that could have been moved, may be an easy way to solve the issue. One of those things to look into for those that read this.... May save some headaches later
Old 04-17-2012, 11:26 AM

Eric acctually contacted me to help resolve the issue...its that they weld the mounts in the stock location when the housing comes in, you dont have to lengthen the bar or anything just basically change the bolt hole location on the sway bar bracket...ill have it fixed by tonight thanks Eric