Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here comes a new M/T DR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Wonder how well these would work on the street?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
I figured it was Eric that was testing them. I knew he was sponsored by Hoosier so it was 2+2=5....or errr.....forget it lol.

I just don't like how you have to utilize a slick to make it work. I don't like having to control wheel spin or slip or worrying about it dead hooking and cutting a back flip.

I like knowing that I can throw all the power I possible can or want to at this 275/60 radial and that with the suspension set-up I have it will take everything I can toss at it.
Eric was on the phone with them asking what they did because it worked too much like a slick. I think this was only one of three sets and very early in the design phase. The old Hoosier was out for a little while before anyone really tried them then Eric went that 1.18 and tire sales went through the roof. I don't mind running either tire until I'm forced to buy the M/T's in September.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my best 60' with my nitrous car on the new M/Ts with a 1.12 and my blower car has been a 1.16@3340 lbs. The M/T actually has a stiffer side wall than the current hoosier. It will be interesting to see what hoosier does but I will have to stick with Mickey Thompson. You can't beat the support they give to our kind of racing.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by fenton06
I thought so but wasn't sure if they had finished getting everything wrapped up. Good to know!
thats why you read the whole original post and link
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SMITH
I have had my best 60' with my nitrous car on the new M/Ts with a 1.12 and my blower car has been a 1.16@3340 lbs. The M/T actually has a stiffer side wall than the current hoosier. It will be interesting to see what hoosier does but I will have to stick with Mickey Thompson. You can't beat the support they give to our kind of racing.
That's top notch Justin!

I thought the blower car had gone a little faster to the 60', but I bet it makes up for it to the 330' probably matching the nitrous car or almost matching by the 330' and catching up door to door at the stripe with more mph.

Were you just running her easy during the qualifying at Door Wars?

I don't know where I heard it, but I had heard, (hearsay) that the sidewall was softer and the tread compound more like the 3574 M/T which helped it last longer and still have some give to it.

It will be interesting to see how that M/T does at Piedmont. You gonna find out on Saturday? I know it isn't as big a payout as the other races your normally at, but I know almost all the guys that race NDRRA you know and are probably good friends with, so it gives you a good excuse to come
Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
That's top notch Justin!

I thought the blower car had gone a little faster to the 60', but I bet it makes up for it to the 330' probably matching the nitrous car or almost matching by the 330' and catching up door to door at the stripe with more mph.

Were you just running her easy during the qualifying at Door Wars?

I don't know where I heard it, but I had heard, (hearsay) that the sidewall was softer and the tread compound more like the 3574 M/T which helped it last longer and still have some give to it.

It will be interesting to see how that M/T does at Piedmont. You gonna find out on Saturday? I know it isn't as big a payout as the other races your normally at, but I know almost all the guys that race NDRRA you know and are probably good friends with, so it gives you a good excuse to come
We blew a charge pipe off first qualifier and blew a head gasket on the second. I'm going to make a few changes to the car and hope to have it back out next month sometime. I'm not going to make piedmont tomorrow. A friend of mine is moving and I will be helping him, if not for that I would bring the nitrous car down there. Maybe next time.