Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

enclosed trailer Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default enclosed trailer Info

I'm looking to buy a 24ft enclosed to haul my camaro. I was wondering if anyone with a 24ft v-nose could give me some insight on the room they have with their f-body and golf cart. I'm not sure if I should go 26ft v-nose or if the 24ft v-nose would fit my camaro, golf cart (turned side ways) and tool box. Alot of people at my track have reg. trailers. not the many v-noses at the track, the ones that do have v-noses are 28ft or bigger. I'm not sold on which size too buy, but I'm more towards a 24ft because it seems too be the normal size.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 24ft will get tight. If you want to have cabinets in front and be able to pull the golf cart in normally, you will really need a 28ft. It will get old having to turn it sideways every time you load and unload it. I have a 28ft now and for my type of car with a golf cart it is not long enough. My car is 19 1/2ft long though where as a stock F body is like 16 1/2ft. A 28ft would make a much more comfortable trailer IMO.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 24 ft and an Atv fits in the front sideways, and I have cabinets along the front wall. It's a tight fit, if I had l shaped cabinets it wouldn't be possible. One thing you can do to make it easier, is get the trailer with a wider door like mine is set up, I have a 48inch wide door if I remember right, so the Atv goes thru the side on a set of fold up ramps, works out nice. Golf cart would do the same. If I were to buy another trailer I would get a 60 inch door, or double doors to make it easier, as its a tight fit, about an inch to spare. if you want more room, you could have just the overhead cabinets put in so you have more floor space, buddy of mine ordered his 24 foot with the overhead the entire length of the passengers side wall and across the front, he keeps a rolling tool cart in the front, generator sits next to it and gets rolled out, his golf cart and car fit a little easier then mine.... He for the double 30 inch foods as well. I will take a picture next time I see it. The v nose.... If you take that route, I would have a cabinet built into the v and leave the max area strait, sounds odd but the v area will never get utilized well, from my exp. anyway
Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 AM
12 Second Club

I've got a 28' with cabinets in the front and a golf cart would fit fairly nicely. Take away 4' and it seems like it would he pretty tight.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have 28' of floor and it was tight with my golf cart that had the rear seat option on the back. No way it would fit with a 24' setup. but I also had a prostock wing and dual chutes on the car that required the car to be forward about 2ft.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

I was going to have cabinets put in the v-nose with some nitrous bottle holders. My golf cart right now doesn't have a back seat but I was looking to buy a new one with a back seat. My truck if a fullsize so I could haul the cart in the bed. But if I haul it in the bed what was the sense in buying a enclosed, you know. I just want to pull up to the track open the doors and unload without unhooking the trailer. I will have to see what price difference is for the 28ft.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It will cost you a lot more when you say "I wish I woulda". Trust me... get the biggest one you can afford and have storage space for.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 AM
10 Second Club

The only problem I have with a bigger trailer is my yard. my yard isn't that wide and my open trailer is 20ft and my dually is a quad cab long bed so its a little hard some times swinging it in and turning it around. that's why I was looking at a 24ft but I can just hold off for 2 weeks and go pick up a 28ft.

Last edited by rob scott; 05-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Launching!

I have a 28ft. with L shaped cabinets. Golf cart straight in and plenty of room in between the two. As stated above, get the biggest you can afford....will be cheaper in the long haul
Old 05-07-2012, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mind sharing the place or price? I'm just interested in a 28ft trailer and would like to know what's the going rate. I have seen ones on ebay that are in the 5K-6K range but I don't really know the quality. On the other hand, I see some in the 12K range and that's a little too rich for my blood.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

The place is John's Trailer sales in toledo, ohio. www.johnstrailersales.com 24ft $5,000 picked up in toledo or $4,820 if you pick it up in Middlebury, IN. right no they have free v-nose options for May on their storm Lighting model trailers. They also offer a auto carriers haulin trailer, 8.5x28TA3 - 6' 6" = $5,900. I was looking at the storm model because my buddy picked up a 24ft for $4,820 with v-nose and they gave him two spare tires for $100.

I keep finding trailers around me in the $8,000 range and there ok but for $4,820 I can get damn near the same trailer. And buying used trailers where I'm at is horrible. If you don't have the cash out of the bank and at the persons house when it's listed for sale then you should just forget it with all the oval track guys buying up everything.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TurboStangJON
Do you mind sharing the place or price? I'm just interested in a 28ft trailer and would like to know what's the going rate. I have seen ones on ebay that are in the 5K-6K range but I don't really know the quality. On the other hand, I see some in the 12K range and that's a little too rich for my blood.
You can try this site, see if there's a dealer around you that has something in a good price range. http://www.trailershopper.com/
Old 05-07-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you guys notice hes talking about getting a V nose. I dont think your gona fit the golf cart in front of the car. By driving it in the side (with a wider side door up ramps) With a 24 even a 28? V nose setup
I also heard they tow really bad too with a cross wind, worse then the normal square nose. And you get the more room and they get the same MPH too, from people that have had both.

Last edited by studderin; 05-07-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Race your car!

If you can load the cart in thru the side, it makes things a lot easier as far as loading. You won't be able to do l shaped cabinets with a 24 and fit the cart and car I'm 100% on that. A 28 would make things easier, but like you I have limited space and a 24 was all I could fit, do I make do with it. Fwiw generator goes in thd bed of my truck, no room
for it in the trailer. It's tight, but I make do with it. Wheelie bars have to come off, and ic the car gets a wing it's going to be very tight... Inches in any direction and it won't fit unfortunately

Last edited by JL ws-6; 05-07-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're ordering a trailer, it is definitely worthwhile to get a wide side door and be able to pull a golf cart in and out of it. My side door is about 2" too narrow. I don't have a golf cart yet, but when I get one I am going to have to load the cart, then hang the front end from the ceiling, then load the car. When I get to the track, if I want my golf cart I will have to unload the car, pull out the front end, and then can finally get the golf cart out. It'll be a big pain.

It would be nice to have it fit in the side door for if you want to go look for a parking space at a big event, put your stuff away in the evening but still have the golf cart out to cruise the pits and be able to come back and put it away without having to unload the race car to do so, etc.

I want to sell my trailer and get a 32' with a big side door.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Exclamation B4 you..

decide that the 4500$ trlr is "near" what the 8000$ is:
Look at the frame construction. [Beam sizes/spacing are?]
The wall stud spacing.
The roof composition. 1 piece?
The floor is?
Undercoated?
The axle ratings.
The wiring.
Rear door hinges, etc.

After you make your choice, and BEFORE you buy it, pull a tape on the box, [cross measure], and the axle locations.
I had 1 that was nearly 3" out of square, and the axles were also whacked.

NO free lunch on this purchase.....BTDT.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Race your car!

Fwiw, if the trailer has 15 inch rims on it, then you're getting cheap junky tires as well, better plan to carry 2 spares if you're going to have any kind of real weight in it, becuase the tires will not last. 24 footer I bought has 2 6000 lb axles, with 8 lug 16 inch wheels, and real 16 inch 10 ply radial trailer tires on it. It will drive the cost up real quick doing that kind of stuff, but if you want one that's going to last, then you do spend on that kind of stuff.

Get an extra foot of roof height if you're 6 feet tall, or anyone that goes with you is, or you'll be like a hunch back by the end of a weekend from going in and out of it. Fold out stairs at the side door is nice too, I didn't have those on mine, but I may put them on later. Make sure it's wired for a/c becuase after a season of racing and sweating in the thing in the summer you will be buying the a/c unit. I don't have one on mine yet, but when the car's done and I'm back to racing, the a/c unit is frst on the list to put on the trailer.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

This is why I thought I should make a thread. I didn't know that 15's would be junk on the trailer. I want to make sure I get the right trailer to handle the weight of the car and golf cart.

Standard Features (All Models) strom 24ft
Height: 6' 6"
•48" SIDE DOOR
•REAR RAMP DOOR
•(TA2) 3500# SPRING AXLES -- (TA3) 5200# SPRING AXLES
•6" I-BEAM MAIN FRAME
•UNIBODY CONTRUCTION
•2 5/16" COUPLER
•16" O/C (BOX TUBING) WALLS & ROOF
•4' BEAVER TAIL
•ALUMINUM EXTRUSION TOP & BOTTOM
•ALL L.E.D EXTERIOR LIGHTING
•CHROME FR POST
•15" TIRES
•.030 WHITE/BLACK/PEWTER ALUM. SIDES
•(4) TIE DOWNS
•3/4" PLYWOOD FLOOR (UNDERCOATED)
•3/8" PLYWOOD WALLS
•24" STONE GUARD
•WHITE CEILING LINER
•1 PC. ALUMINUM ROOF
•RECESSED STEP WELL
•EXTENSION FLAP ON RAMP DOOR

MODEL HAC8528TA3 Haulin auto carriers 28ft
•Overall Length : 28',Width : 8' 6",Height : 8' 6"
•Interior Length : 24' 5 ",Width/BWW : 8' / 81",Height : 6' 8"
•Side Door : STANDARD,Width : 36",Height : 68"
•Rear Door : RAMP,Width : 7' 2",Height : 6' 2"
•Hitch Weight : 350 lbs.,Height : 19",Ball Size : 2-5/16"
•Platform Height : 19"
•G.A.W.R : 10,400 lbs.
•G.V.W.R. : 10,160 lbs.
•Curb Weight : 4200 lbs.
•Payload Capacity : 5960 lbs.
•Brakes (4 Wheel) : Electric
•Tires : ST225/75D15
•Wheels : 5 Bolt
•Frame : 6" I Beam
•Floor (16" O/C)(24" O/C 20' Only) : 3/4" Plywood
•Side Walls (24" O/C) : 3/8" Plywood

Last edited by rob scott; 05-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Race your car!

I can give you a rundown, of what I wanted 100 pct in my trailer, from talking to every guy I k is with one, and my own exp: 5200 lb 8 lug axles min. 16 inch, 8 ply radial tire min, min 1 full spare, 54 inch min wide side door, 6'6 foot high ceiling min, 16 inch min extension on rear door for low cars, 24 would be even better, but added roof height will allow a 16 inch to be adequate, 50 amp interior wiring, internal battery, power front jack leg, l e d lighting, white alum interior so it's brighter inside, tile or rubber coin floor, braced and wired for ag, undercoating, 6 tie downs, 4 for car 2 for golf cart or Atv, internal winch so you can drag the car up into the trailer, insulate the ceiling min, walls as well, thickest outer skin you can get so it doesn't get wavy with time, I have 040 on this trailer, but would go even thicker if there is something available. The 1 piece roof is a must... Anything else is asking for leaks. Things I dont have that I want: fold out steps at the door. Ac unit.... Go with the 14 k but or whatever the. Offer one is. An awning, do I don't need the easy up anymore. Make sure you get. Good sway control hitch too it will tow 100 times better too. If you don't do the v nose, think about a tool box for the front of the trailer tongue, I've been thinking about putting one on mine, or maybe when I buy a generator have a diamond plate box built to enclose it, with an access food to fill it with fuel, service it, etc. Still thinking about that I e, a. I'm not sure if I want to permanently put the generator on the trailer, or be able to bring it inside in the winter, and help prevent pot brisk theft. There's also solar battery trickle chargers, get one or 2 and put them in the roof so it keeps the winch and breakaway batteries charged all the time when it sits, a trailer ramp to use when you have to change a tire is also a really good idea. If I think of anything else.... I will put it up but that covers a lot of it, and go as big as you have room to store... My 24 gets it done but a 28 would be better, 5th wheel 28 with the upper storage would be even better, but there's no room for that ag my postage stamp of a yard lol!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Race your car!

God damn iPhone auto correct I will have to fix the above post so it all makes sense when I can get to a computer

Quick Reply: enclosed trailer Info