Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desired Front to Back Height Difference

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012 | 08:30 PM
11 Second Club

Default Desired Front to Back Height Difference

I have strange coil overs w/ 300lb springs and I was wondering what I should get my ride height to be for best performance on the strip. I have been told that from ground to fender the height should be even. Is that correct? (for example 30 inches from ground to fender on the front end and back end)
Old 05-29-2012 | 05:54 AM
Race your car!

Depending on what you did in the back... Will have some impact on where the front needs to be. Understand there's 2 things going on here, downtravel of the front suspension and where the weight sits, front to back. Power level has a lot to do with this as well. If you haven't done anything to the back to lower it, with a 28 inch tire the fender to ground, is probably about 27 inches, depending on tire pressure, and what tire you are running. I would start the front an inch lower then that, and see dhat it gets you. Scaling the car for proper weight distribution and setting ride height with that, then limiting downtravel with travel limiters is the right way to do this, but if you don't have access to scales or someone that does, I'd start with about an inch of rake and go from there.
Old 06-04-2012 | 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks a whole lot man! I have the front at 27 and rear at 28. I had my U bolt's on my drag bar to tight which was keeping the car from weight transferring which I didn't figure out till after I went and tested my car.