Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are my options for SYA bars with a stock k

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012 | 07:46 PM
Launching!

Default What are my options for SYA bars with a stock k

Will I have to fabricate my own bars or is there something out there for me? If worst comes to worst I will make something. I have AFCO D/A's all around so Ill keep the rebound tight and see what happens. The way Greg at FTI was telling me my new converter is going to launch the car I must say I'm a little worried, I never experienced a wheelie before and know I will probably ***** out and let off the gas lol. You wheelie guys already know what happens when you let off a wheelie. Thanks for any responses
Old 05-30-2012 | 08:47 PM
Internet Mechanic

Can't weld in a travel limiter?? I could be very ignorant but The K member is not cast iron so techically you could tighten that up.
Old 05-30-2012 | 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

call madman, Im sure he has them for a stock Kmember. for the Stock Class guys
Old 05-31-2012 | 06:18 AM
Race your car!

The stock k member will take a lot more abuse then the aftermarket stuff... I would get a set of limiters on before worrying about a sya bar got it. Fwiw I did a couple pretty big wheelies and the stock k member got a couple rub marks on it, that was it... It hangs low enough to protect the headers rom any major damage as well
Old 05-31-2012 | 06:39 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
The stock k member will take a lot more abuse then the aftermarket stuff... I would get a set of limiters on before worrying about a sya bar got it. Fwiw I did a couple pretty big wheelies and the stock k member got a couple rub marks on it, that was it... It hangs low enough to protect the headers rom any major damage as well
Seen it personally and taped it, that is definitly correct. Still amazed you never Kerminated it.