Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well i guess im a noob at rolling fenders...lets see if this is somewhat normal

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well i guess im a noob at rolling fenders...lets see if this is somewhat normal

So i used and eastwood fender roller to do my rear quarters, didnt crack any paint (used heatgun) and it turned out BEAUTIFUL on the INSIDE....well if i look at my car in the light the quarterpanel paint is a little wavy for about 2 inches all the way around the wheel well....not a HUGE deal but i know its there i guess from pressing to hard obvisolly. has ANYONE else done this or is it a pretty common thing and no big deal ? i mean theres nothing i can do about it anyway
Old 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine turned out good with no waves. Took a long time to do it though and I did long sweeps and kept upping the pressure ever few passes.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

slow and steady is the key
Old 06-10-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

when you got to be about rolling the fenders over themselves at the end, you kinda "roll" off the side of the wheel. So I do it and 3 or 4 areas of the wheel arch (like 2 areas at the top) and the front. SO you only go back and forth a little bit, but it keeps the wheel pushing the lip over easly.
Did you have the wheel pushing on the inside alot (not keeping it just on the lip) thats I I think might have happened? Can you see in the dust/dirt in the wheel well top, were the wheel was off the lip
Old 06-10-2012, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

I've rolled a set and cut a smooth slice out of another.

The one with the slice removed, that retained a portion of the 90 degree "lip", looked better and didn't get any troubles are far as waves/paint is concerned.

The rolled one got wrinkles.