Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemons12- 370/Ls3 nitrous build

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to make a prediction........ this will be the longest build thread with the least amount of usefull information in ls1tech history
Old 06-11-2012, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
I would like to make a prediction........ this will be the longest build thread with the least amount of usefull information in ls1tech history
Because you were SOOOO in depth in your build thread.

Yours has been going on for 11 months now... This portion of my build will be done very shortly, I am about done purchasing parts.

BTW... Where is your update? Your thread hasn't been bumped in a month.

COME AGAIN!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
I'm not really sure yet Wes, I have zero idea what I would ask for it.

Honestly, it depends on the damage when I pull it this week. I might end up rebuilding it and selling it that way.
If its going to be too much of a hassle I'll let it go the way it is.

Yea yea, when you coming over to lend a hand?

You have the cherry picker Jason has the motor stand, correct? I will be needing it Tuesday-Wednesday.
If there was a chance in hell of you fixing it would have happened long before now. I'll be waiting for the bat signal to come get it.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't make me choke you out..
Old 06-11-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

You two are morons... That is it... I'm about to have a total of 6,000$ish worth of parts and I'm going to let everything sit.

I could have gone the cheap/easy route with the lq9 and already had it running with some nice extras (if I had it two months ago, it would have been but that isn't how it played out), I went this route so I was closer to what I wanted in the end result and I have the funds to allow it at this point thankfully.

You better not be worrying about when/if I get it done... What you need to worry about is if that big bad mean motor is going to be able to outrun this setup by a larger margin than the 408 did VS my 346. "If i knew a 346 could run like that, I would have never pulled mine and built the 408............."

Last edited by lemons12; 06-11-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

The morons will be waiting for a faster car!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Purchased: Ls3 821 heads
Another great deal on them!

Headers and finish up the bit to TMS/oil/antifreeze/other odd and end things that pop up/tune.
I have my Glock 27 Gen 4 for sale and that is going to pay for the headers.

If it looks like I'm going to be able to get everything bought within my time limit, which it looks like I'm going to have it beat by a good bit t I will be adding a few "wants" to the list to be done before I pull it out of the garage... K member, !ABS delete, few other odd and ends I have thought about.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

You two are morons... That is it... I'm about to have a total of 6,000$ish worth of parts and I'm going to let everything sit.

I could have gone the cheap/easy route with the lq9 and already had it running with some nice extras (if I had it two months ago, it would have been but that isn't how it played out), I went this route so I was closer to what I wanted in the end result and I have the funds to allow it at this point thankfully.

You better not be worrying about when/if I get it done... What you need to worry about is if that big bad mean motor is going to be able to outrun this setup by a larger margin than the 408 did VS my 346. "If i knew a 346 could run like that, I would have never pulled mine and built the 408............."
were the morons when your the one that sets up all night just to argue with complete strangers about how fast your non running car is with corrected times and dont you worry about this big bad motor because it will beat this build just like just like my last one did. and like before I will put it togeather just like last time. who by the way put your white car together again???
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

were the morons when your the one that sets up all night just to argue with complete strangers about how fast your non running car is with corrected times and dont you worry about this big bad motor because it will beat this build just like just like my last one did. and like before I will put it togeather just like last time. who by the way put your white car together again???
Oh no he didn't!!!!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 AM
TECH Addict

Well, since there are morons in here attempting to **** on his build thread, mine IS running, so bring it to PCB. And don't even say you ain't coming to Florida.

It's hell being so popular, ain't it Lemons?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am not coming to Florida.

FYI we know and like Evan.... You big slow dummy.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not coming to Florida either, so you drag your a$$ to TN and I'll drag your a$$ down the track
Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Now that WAS funny.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Launching!

You still waiting on a big part aren't you? And I thought it was from a sponsor that drags their feet?

Well... I do know I will be the last one done! HA It is starting to come together pretty quickly though.
Don't worry Evan. Im not convinced I won't have to come back and convince you to put your car back together like last time, but I am 100% positive that you will have everything put together before my car gets finished up.

And I'm trying my hardest to convince myself not to buy a ctsv right now. But if I fail Im sure I will have a h/c/i/e caddy before I get the ball rolling on the T/A
Old 06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

WOW, that's a big change since last I had heard haha. Looks like it's going to be a beast! now let me borrow those draglites so I can get kicked out of brainerd for no helmet... lol
Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Evan did this build so he wouldn't have to race me with his old combo....jk

Why did old motor let go in terms of the bearings?

Looks good-good luck with it.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Banned

Evan I'm just gonna start my build thread in with yours...
Old 06-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Well, since there are morons in here attempting to **** on his build thread, mine IS running, so bring it to PCB. And don't even say you ain't coming to Florida.

Car is retarded nasty!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA

No use.. You're trying to run someone that doesn't even have their car running, just likes to talk about what it would do to complete strangers on the internet with nitrous LSX 454's!!!

Wish you were closer to Tampa, would meet up while I'm down and chill when I move down at the first of he year.

I'm not coming to Florida either, so you drag your a$$ to TN and I'll drag your a$$ down the track
You mean in a stock C5Z?

Originally Posted by geoffreymexico
Don't worry Evan. Im not convinced I won't have to come back and convince you to put your car back together like last time, but I am 100% positive that you will have everything put together before my car gets finished up.

And I'm trying my hardest to convince myself not to buy a ctsv right now. But if I fail Im sure I will have a h/c/i/e caddy before I get the ball rolling on the T/A
It will be started before you and Caleb get back in the states. Depending on if I decide on a Kmember/etc things might be pushed back another week or two but it will be running/tuned soon enough.

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
WOW, that's a big change since last I had heard haha. Looks like it's going to be a beast! now let me borrow those draglites so I can get kicked out of brainerd for no helmet... lol
Yea man, completely different route. I think its for the better though.
I had some deals fall through on the sellers end, not too often you hear a buyer wanting to send money and the seller just stops responding! LOL I'm glad it happened though, I like this build.
You need to roll your fenders though! My 325s would get sliced and diced! LOL

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Evan did this build so he wouldn't have to race me with his old combo....jk

Why did old motor let go in terms of the bearings?

Looks good-good luck with it.
Yes, that is EXACTLY it!!!! Running from MR Morris! LOL

I'm positive it was an oil related issue.. That is the reason the majority let go as well.

Thanks man!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets keep it somewhat clean in here, I don't want 12 pages of useless crap in here.

Last edited by lemons12; 06-12-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Lemons12- 370/Ls3 nitrous build