Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dzus brackets

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dzus brackets

Are there any issues with using the weld/bolt-on quarter turn bracketstThat summit sells, instead of the expensive Dzus rails? It'll save me a lot of money if I can just use those brackets and attach them to the fender bolts......Originally I was gonna go with the ghetto/old school hood pins because of the price...... but dont really care for them.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
Are there any issues with using the weld/bolt-on quarter turn bracketstThat summit sells, instead of the expensive Dzus rails? It'll save me a lot of money if I can just use those brackets and attach them to the fender bolts......Originally I was gonna go with the ghetto/old school hood pins because of the price...... but dont really care for them.
I've tried the brackets that Summit sells and I ended up just going with the rails. It would work if you ran a small piece of tubing up the fender to mount the brackets that Summit sells. I felt the fender was too weak to mount those brackets directly.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I made my own brackets that looked just like the individual ones you can buy from summit, etc the first hood I mounted. They worked fine, and they will work fine on your car.

The second hood that I did I went with the rails. They save time, and are better looking IMO, and are a good value.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya I would just get the rails. its easy to work on the car after that, just un bolt and bolt the fenders on with the stock bolts. Dont have to mess with the rials at all. And Ive seen the individual brackets pull out that were rivitied on, and even with a nut on the back start to crack the fender. The whole rail plate, is the way to go with the plastic fenders.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

I just hate to spend nearly $200 for the side and front rails then more for the fasteners when I could get the brackets or make my own for a ton less.....Would it help to put washers on the back side of the plastic to help with stress?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

I just sucked it up and went with racecraft rails, im with ya on saving money, but some places it's just not worth the headache. iirc the whole dzus kit is 250
Old 07-18-2012, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
I just hate to spend nearly $200 for the side and front rails then more for the fasteners when I could get the brackets or make my own for a ton less.....Would it help to put washers on the back side of the plastic to help with stress?
It might be $200 now but it will end up costing more if those brackets damage the fender. For instance, if you drill holes in the hood for the brackets and it doesn't work out you'll end up having to fill in the holes in the hood. It's been discussed several times and mounting directly to the fender doesn't work out. Like I said before if you want to save money run a small piece of tubing next to the fender and mount the brackets. It will take some skill to look clean but that's the only other way I have seen it done.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
9 Second Club

we used brackets instead of rails and they have worked for 2 years with zero problems. To say they wont work is not the correct answer. They do work fine if mounted correctly but still not superior to rails which makes obvious sense

Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

Quick Reply: Dzus brackets