Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Hi-Ram or Fast

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 05:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holley Hi-Ram or Fast

I ran 7.50/11.50 index classes this year with a stock internal, typical bolt-on LS1 and a 150 shot the car was factory weight. I want to step up to 6.50/10.0 index class this coming year. So I plan on some pretty good weight reduction i.e. remove A/C, factory seats, do tubular suspension, K-member and switch to manual rack and brakes. I just put the intake valve into the #1 piston so the engine is coming out. I already have 243 heads and a TSP MS3 cam to build the engine around, I will get the heads milled, ported and polished. My plan is to build a 6.0l I think the added c.i. and iron block will handle the extra power better the the aluminum LS1. I have a stock LS6 intake and stock P/p throttle body right now. I want to step up to a 92 or 102mm intake and throttle body. I was checking prices and the FAST is a about a $300-$400 more then the Holley Hi-ram. I already plan to cut the cowling back to the windshield and run the VFN extended wide Sunoco pin-on hood so clearing the Hi-ram shouldn't be a problem. I was wondering if it would be a better choice to go with the Holley Hi-Ram over the FAST intake? Or whould a Edelbrock Super Victor EFI intake and a 4bbl T/B or a elbow and 92mm T/B be a better choose?

Last edited by RobsZ28; 09-03-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Holley Hi-Ram or Fast