Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS swap for Sportsman class

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS swap for Sportsman class

I have searched here, the bullet and google and can't find the exact answer I am looking for. I am building an 85 cutlass ET car was hoping to dump a 5.3l electronics and all in it. Was curious if that was legal in the sportsman/Pro class. The way the rulebook reads I think it could be interpreted either way.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes its fine. The rule book is referring to delay boxes, throttle stops, etc when referring to electronics. Many computer controlled cars race in these classes.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, the part I was talking about wasn't about the electronics. They allow OEM computers or OEM computer replacements. The part I wasn't clear on is if the computer had to be original to that car. My interpretation would be that this will fall under OEM replacement but would hate to put the car together and find out it wont pass tech.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jtotheizzo
I have searched here, the bullet and google and can't find the exact answer I am looking for. I am building an 85 cutlass ET car was hoping to dump a 5.3l electronics and all in it. Was curious if that was legal in the sportsman/Pro class. The way the rulebook reads I think it could be interpreted either way.

Thanks
You will be good in either IHRA/NHRA. Enjoy & I fun my Brother.

Coach

Quick Reply: LS swap for Sportsman class