Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket steering wheel and air bag delete?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Aftermarket steering wheel and air bag delete?

I was curious as to how much weight its worth removing the steering wheel and replacing it with a aftermarket and deleteing the air bags? And is it as simple as removing the air bag spring and wheel and just installing the new wheel? Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
I was curious as to how much weight its worth removing the steering wheel and replacing it with a aftermarket and deleteing the air bags? And is it as simple as removing the air bag spring and wheel and just installing the new wheel? Thanks
It's worth the weight, I think the passenger one weighs 14lbs and the drivers wheel and bag weighs 5lbs. The replacement is pretty straightforward and if you search you can find the grant adapter.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya I have the Mono comp wheel, the horn works.

the stock stuff, I find it bet to cut the end of the airbag connector off (yellow) and you can pull the wiring thu the colum without taking anything else apart. And most of the hubd, grant/momo are the same size on the plastic on the cloum and hit when setter all the way. I heard there for a 3rd gen thats a diffrent size, thats why. But some put a washer under the hub to space it out. I put the hub in a lathe and turned a step in the outside so the stock cloum trim fits over it. Just a heads up, on the non release hubs

Quick Reply: Aftermarket steering wheel and air bag delete?