Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kirkey Pro Race Seat with RaceCraft bolt-in bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kirkey Pro Race Seat with RaceCraft bolt-in bracket

Would anyone happen to have a write up I can reference? I received the seat, brackets and a bunch of bolts & stuff but no instructions. I'm imagining its supposed to be self-explanatory but I'm from The School of RTFM (read the f***ing manual)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by IT_SS; 03-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Lol.... It is suppose be "duh!" But I bolted the brackets to the floor, then sat the seat down in it and got a feel for where I wanted it, marked the holes and drilled the holes in the sides of the seat. I made sure the seat holes were about an inch of so from the bottom so I could raise the front of the seat if I wanted to. I can snap some pics when I get home if that will help.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

yes please and thank you.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I posted some pics in my build thread. Just its eas to bolt the rails to the floor and the side plates, then slide the seat between them and put blocks of wood under the front and back to set the height and tip you want. then mrake the holes thu the side plates and drill the holes. Helps to have a friends help hold the seat up as you get in a out, and to mark the holes or move the blocks
set the braekts in the middle so you can move it up and down, and forward and back for were you think is a good spot. Once you have holes in the seta you can use the bracket holes to fine tune it after driving it.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Pic is upside down, but you get the just of mine
Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by studderin
I posted some pics in my build thread. Just its eas to bolt the rails to the floor and the side plates, then slide the seat between them and put blocks of wood under the front and back to set the height and tip you want. then mrake the holes thu the side plates and drill the holes. Helps to have a friends help hold the seat up as you get in a out, and to mark the holes or move the blocks
set the braekts in the middle so you can move it up and down, and forward and back for were you think is a good spot. Once you have holes in the seta you can use the bracket holes to fine tune it after driving it.
I also did mine like this. Anything to get under the seat and allow you to adjust it where you want to mark with a sharpie will work. I just marked my drivers side of the seat where I wanted it though and then pulled measurements to mark out the passenger side. This ensures that the seat will be square.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Resident

thanks fellas!

Quick Reply: Kirkey Pro Race Seat with RaceCraft bolt-in bracket