Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to lower the front but don't want to sacrifice traction.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wanting to lower the front but don't want to sacrifice traction.

I currently have the stock front springs and shocks on my car. Rear suspension upgrades are tubular non-adjustable LCAs, relocation brackets, and AGX adjustable shocks. I have a set of subframe connectors I haven't gotten welded in yet. My car has the heater hose mod on the rear springs and the front of my car seems like it sits about level if not higher than the rear. I don't really have the $$ for coil-overs right now but I hate the look of how high the front end sits. I was wondering if installing some 1.25" drop springs on the front only would effect traction? And has anyone ever cut maybe 1/2 coil or 3/4 off the front springs? (flame suit on). My car hooks pretty well on the street right now on my 315 nitto 555s and I don't want to sacrifice any traction. I tried searching around but didn't come up with much so if someone could help me out i'd appreciate it.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any time you lower the center of gravity it will affect your weight transfer, no matter what spring package you have. Save up some pennies and get into a set of affordable adjustable shocks from Strange or Viking to help your situation.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the quick reply. My car does look pretty cool when the front end lifts up I guess it'll stay that way.

Quick Reply: Wanting to lower the front but don't want to sacrifice traction.