Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads and cam records N/A

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 07:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason99T/A
My car weighed in at 3320 on the 10.59 pass for those interested.

RUQWIKR's car is legit. I have talked to him on quite a few occasions. He has a very well thought out setup and has the car running extremely well.

Jason
Thanks for the good feedback...yep, that'd be me. The car has been up on jackstands with absolutely nothing done since the COFBA meet at Norwalk last October where I ran a bunch of 10.5x's at 127-129. My busy job and busy family life don't let me get out much...it's been especially hectic as of late. Plans for this year include much more bracket racing with either summer tweaking on the car (maybe cam and intake change...going to test a couple of proto intakes for someone I know if I ever get the darn car out of the barn).

I've got a spool and 30" radial slicks waiting to go on, hopefully this year, plus a bit more stealth weight reduction, if I get time. However, timewise, I think they'll wait: lightweight carpet, polycarb stock appearing front/rear glass, manual brake master cylinder, etc. I'd like to get a 10.299 at 130+ out of the stock bottom and stock trans without changing gearing from the 4.11's. Maybe it'll have to wait until next year.

By the way, the specs in the article in HOT ROD were correct except for the fact of I do not have stock rear brakes, I've got Strange.

One last note, once I do get out and about, you might see someone looking just like me in a red/red/M6 GTO...stock this month, not next month...not going to be a racecar, just a fast streetcar that may go to the track once, maybe twice per year.

For the doubters, I don't care. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but, I'm not the village idiot either. Anyways, everyone take care and good luck with all your projects. Take care. Dave
Old 05-07-2004, 07:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
i have a intrest in a 346 ci n/a. list, since i didnt have the patients to get myself on the si. list. but it needs to be forged or stock 346ci motors, cause mine is gunna die in a while spinning 7200
By the way, I'm already going a bit over 7000 through the lights, with 7200 planned for this year if I stay 28" bias...if I take the time to fit my new 30" radial slicks, then, without a gear change, it'll be a bit less as the 28" ones grow to around 29.2 based on clearancing I had to do. Take care. Dave
Old 05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RUQWIKR... What tranny and converter are you running? stall?
What kinda 60' times usally?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Roger White
PSJ is about right on the pounds anyone that says other wise is full of it.

I got a fist full of time slips.

I even got one with a 10.64 @128 mph in +1000 D/A. This winter alot new best will be set.

I have said this before...most guys think their cars are heavier than they are...take a stock F-car and take the spare/jack out, put some big & skinnies, put headers and an ORP, and bingo, close to 200#'s have gone. Take care. Dave
Old 05-07-2004, 07:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATVracr
RUQWIKR... What tranny and converter are you running? stall?

Thanks
Grab last month's HOT ROD for all the specs...stock trans, even original fluid still in it, except YTP4400.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK....Thanks
Old 05-08-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Default 346 n/a

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
i have a intrest in a 346 ci n/a. list, since i didnt have the patients to get myself on the si. list. but it needs to be forged or stock 346ci motors, cause mine is gunna die in a while spinning 7200
i agree 346-N/A whether forged or not,