Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muffler options straight off headers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default muffler options straight off headers...

I currently have 3" ran from my collectors straight back into 2 flow master single chambers dumped before the axle. 2 reasons I want to change it, first there's limited space on a 4th gen fbody for dual exhaust and it bottoms out on the muffler every time I load the car on the trailer. From street driving some, the muffler is now scrapped all across the bottom. Second reason I want to change it up, these flow masters are heavy as **** for some reason and I know I can shave weight running a muffler off the header. So what mufflers are you guys running off the header that fit in the floorboard area nicely and won't hang low? I drive this car to cruise nights so I'd like it quiet as possible with this configuration. has to be quieter than a 4" long vibrant on the collector. I was thinking maybe borla xr-1 or dynatech bullet style w turndown pointed out? what can I do to save weight, not go deaf, or rip the muffler off on bumps when street driving on occasion.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the set-up I had on my car. 2 magnaflow magnapacks 3" I/O, I also scraped in and out of my trailer with the duals and with these never had anymore problems.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

How much louder are these compared to your old duals? Decent enough to cruise on the street to a car show?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by StangEaterSS
How much louder are these compared to your old duals? Decent enough to cruise on the street to a car show?
There not that much louder but they do make stuff in the console vibrate more. This is what they sound like, but I also have a big cam
Old 01-01-2014, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

I'm thinking something like that but with more of a turn down kicking it straight out the side so the sound isn't vibrating between the ground and the floorboard.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by StangEaterSS
I'm thinking something like that but with more of a turn down kicking it straight out the side so the sound isn't vibrating between the ground and the floorboard.
I don't remember where I saw it but someone did a nascar style exit under the doors, that would really help out. Something like this
http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f...-talladega.jpg
Old 01-01-2014, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

I'll pass on that one lol. I'm fine with a standard turndown off the muffler but pointed out, not down.

Quick Reply: muffler options straight off headers...