Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CNC formed 8.50 roll cage GP deal from MWC!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default CNC formed 8.50 roll cage GP deal from MWC!

What we are doing right now is a large production run of 8.50 legal 8 point chromoly and mild steel full roll cages. We will be doing the standard pre-bent cage and a complete pre-fit(not "jig notched") setup. The pre-fit setup is a 100% accurate fit, no hand tuning necessary. We are now CNC forming these cages! The 8.50 kit will have door bars bent for added shoulder and armrest clearance, and rear bars(over seat or no seat option) and laser cut floor plates. The a-pillar bars are designed to go through the dash at the intersection of the extension panel and the dash carrier. We will also supply a wire loop and chassis tab for harness attachment purpose. This kit with proper installation and welding technique will pass NHRA/IHRA certification with no problem.

Main structure in chromoly material is 1.625 x .083 tube, the shoulder bar and short diagonals are 1.25 x .065. The chromoly is high quality aircraft grade material, and only USA made.

The mild steel is high tolerance .120 wall DOM(drawn over mandrel) seamless material. This is no cheap and heavy .134 wall ERW tubing you commonly see in other "10 point" kits that are actually only 8 point.

The standard pre-bent only chromoly cage kit will run 525.00 plus a flat rate of 140.00 shipping in central US. The pre-bent only DOM seamless mild steel kit will run 350.00 plus 140.00 shipping. Far west states, southern FL and TX, and ME may require minimal freight surcharges.

The complete pre-fit chromoly cage kit will run 795.00 plus a flat rate of 140.00 residential or business shipping in central US. The pre-fit DOM seamless mild steel kit will run 610.00 plus 140.00 shipping. Far west states, southern FL and TX, and ME may require minimal freight surcharges.

We can make any of these combos available in 10 or 12 point. This addition will add extra rear X brace, a pair of engine bay bars, or both. 10 or 12 point will get you no extra certification level beyond the basic 8.50 kit, but will add rigidity to the chassis. The rear x-brace or bay bars will add 150.00 each set.
We also will have swing-out door bar kits(nice billet type for 125.00/ door) and preformed window net kits(100.00) available to compliment your build at great prices.

In order to get this group purchase done we will need a 50% deposit on all orders, and we need a minimum of 15 committed to offer these prices. If someone is interested in a multiple kit order we will be willing to work with you on a special freight quote.

Once we get to the 15 minimum mark we will give a guaranteed ship date, but the way things are going right now the pre-bent(not notched) kit will ship in approx 3 weeks, the notched kit will be 6 weeks. The sooner we get the 15 committed orders the sooner the kits will ship.

MWC is your F-body leader in suspensions, rearends and roll cages. The record holding 6 sc stock suspension cars of Ohio Boys Racing, Koolrayz, LASTLS1, Brian Black, Eddie Krawiec are just a few of the customers using MWC components. The results don't lie!

Last edited by ssvert99; 03-03-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good deal

can this cage be upgraded to 25.5 spec down the road? just curious
Old 02-27-2014, 11:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Yes... the 25.5 upgrade should be no problem to be added later. There are several ways to do the 25.5 cert but for the most part it is some gussets, funny car cage, lower main hoop cross bars, driver seat crossmember(#9 bar), door x bars, forward lower crossmember(between the a-pillar bars) and the inner frame rails in the floor. If the car is equipped with oem rockers and full steel welded floors the outer floor diagonal and center floor x-brace are not required.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:06 PM
10 Second Club

For the jig notched cage and non-jig notched cages will they clear a triple pod gauge pillar?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
For the jig notched cage and non-jig notched cages will they clear a triple pod gauge pillar?
Guage pillars mouldings should be no issue... You can pretty easily move the a-pillar bar inward just slightly if need be without much of any fitment change. Just take a few extra minutes mocking it all up to make sure it clears and looks ok.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys have one available for a GTO by chance?
Old 03-01-2014, 04:03 AM
12 Second Club

Is this in MS or Chromoly? If it's Chromoly I may order another.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

we need a "like" button!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

How much for you to install it Eric?
Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

Eric what's the difference between the pre-fit and pre-bent kits? Your description of the pre-fit makes it sound like it's jig notched but you say it isn't and then down below when you talk about shipping and say the notched kit will take 6 weeks to ship?

What do you mean the cages are CNC'd?

Do you have pictures of your x brace installed. Do you have pictures of your billet style door swing outs installed also?

Thanks
Old 03-01-2014, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

in for pix. i like pix
Old 03-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Eric what's the difference between the pre-fit and pre-bent kits? Your description of the pre-fit makes it sound like it's jig notched but you say it isn't and then down below when you talk about shipping and say the notched kit will take 6 weeks to ship?

Do you have pictures of your x brace installed. Do you have pictures of your billet style door swing outs installed also?

Thanks
Curious about this too ^^^. I'm in the market for a 8.50 Chromoly cage. This "pre-fit" similarly priced to the wolfe jig notched set up.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think he meant to put "not jigged notched" behind the pre bent kit, and pre fit should be notched? Wondered that myself. Id like to see pics of the cages also. I have a Stenod 6pt and I would like a price on a non notched 8.50 conversion kit please.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was unaware it had to go through the dash i thought that could be avoided with the 8 point.---maybe that was the 6 but im not going 150 at the track with that. sigh. anything to make me chop up my baby eh!

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 03-02-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Canada
Do you guys have one available for a GTO by chance?
Nope... sorry.

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
Is this in MS or Chromoly? If it's Chromoly I may order another.
Chromoly was our main focus, but we will have the same thing available in mild steel. Prices for mild steel have not been set yet, but it will be a similar deal.

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
How much for you to install it Eric?
Install price depends on the conditions of the interior compartment, but the base price is 1750.00 installed in a car with complete gutted interior and no windshield. Zach... give us a call!

Do you have pictures of your x brace installed?

Do you have pictures of your billet style door swing outs installed also? Thanks
Pre-fit is a description of how we do things at MWC. We have perfected these cages after several installs and a cage that is just "jig notched" still may require some fitting work when you get it. These cages from MWC are as good as a fit as you cag get and will require no extra work. What others sell as "notched" we sell as "pre-fit". We were actually installing the cage in a factory mock-up car and tacked it toghether before it was shipped. The bars are now bent on a CNC mandrel bender and the notches are 6 axis CNC laser cut. There is some extensive development work done with this and there is absolutely no better quality and fit avaialble.

As far as lead times the cage kit that is not notched(just pre-bent) will be available sooner for those of you that are capable of the work required to properly fit the tubing together. The full notched cages will take a bit longer to run through that process.

The bends are formed on a computer controlled machine that keeps every part consistent within thousandths. On the pre-fit cages the notches will be cut with a 6-axis computer controlled laser.

The rear x-brace is optional and can be installed in a few different places. You can set it up to use the same plate as the rear uprights, attach to the rear uprights, attach to the rear frame area forward of the shocks, etc. The extra rear x-brace can make the casge a true 10 point, but willot upgrade any sort of certification. The next best certification after the MWC 8-point 8.50 is the 25.5 that goes to 7.50 and slower.

The billet style swingouts are are essentially a male and female slot clevis assembly. There are 2 sets of male and female on the same bar. It inserts into the ID of the tube and welds in like a threaded bung. This is the easiest and most clean install available for swing-out bars.

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
i was unaware it had to go through the dash i thought that could be avoided with the 8 point.---maybe that was the 6 but im not going 150 at the track with that. sigh. anything to make me chop up my baby eh!
The strongest, easiest access, and most clean install is to go through the dash. The front bar goes through the intersection of the forward dash extension panel and the dash pad for a install that does not require hacking up the actual dash itself.

Last edited by ssvert99; 03-02-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by SinisterWS6
Curious about this too ^^^. I'm in the market for a 8.50 Chromoly cage. This "pre-fit" similarly priced to the wolfe jig notched set up.
The MWC CNC bent/laser notched("pre-fit") cage on this deal will be 935.00 shipped to business or residential. The Wolfe kit is 1100.00 for a "jig notched" kit that would be somewhat comparable.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The MWC CNC bent/laser notched("pre-fit") cage on this deal will be 935.00 shipped to business or residential. The Wolfe kit is 1100.00 for a "jig notched" kit that would be somewhat comparable.
Good catch Eric. Appreciate the info in the above post as well.

When will you start taking deposits on these? ASAP?

I have a few other things I need to order from you as well so this will work out good.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We are taking deposits right now!

There will be a split run of chromoly and mild steel kits available so this should fit everyone's needs.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Really thinking about adding the 12 point bars to my car already have the 8.50 cage me and my buddie installed it was very simple did the full install in about a week working on it when we had extra time I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out if your thinking about doi a cage really the way to go.. I have a ton of pics if anyone wants to check it out [/URL]
Old 03-06-2014, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet Jeeeeezuus.....This could not have come at a better time! I'll be calling in the next couple of days.

Quick Reply: CNC formed 8.50 roll cage GP deal from MWC!