Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone go to the SGMP or the Silver Dollar?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone go to the SGMP or the Silver Dollar?

Anyone go to South Georgia Motorsports Park (SGMP) Dragstrip? A friend and I are thinking about going in the next couple weeks to check it out. I been up to Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds, GA a couple times, any regulars there?
Thanks
Old 05-20-2004, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

I haven't been personally, but I live about 30mins from it and a couple of my friends have been there several times. They said that it is pretty close to the same track prep that Silver Dollar has on most test and tune nights. But I haven't been so I am just telling you what I have heard. I plan to go later in the summer when I have the time or have my car back together.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

I've been to sgmp three times its a really good track its comparable to gainsville and usally a lot of people but there hasnt been a lot of street cars there that are very fast, just a couple of quick fbodys and a couple of slow cobras
Old 05-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Launching!

I think I might run over to SGMP on May 28th if I have nothing else to do. LS1 F-Bodys at local 1/8 mile are very hard to come by. I think I have seen less than 5 over the last 2 years, that would be the streetable LS1
Old 05-24-2004, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Hopefully I will be able to get over there sometime in the next month. I am getting the damn opti fixed on my 95 that still has a good motor and as soon as I get it working good I want to run it for a base line over there. Some time we should all get all the F-Body guys we know to go over there and everybody just have a good time racing.