Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014 | 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just ordered a BMR so I'll try to update with some results. I have gone from stock 19mm two years ago, then a 3rd gen 25mm this past year with some preload in it. From everything I read the BMR seemed to be more street friendly and people have been in the 1.2s with it I believe. These pics were with the 25mm bar. You can see the difference from one side to another and these were motor passes. Mine also wore the passenger drag radial out first and is always the side to get wheel hop or spin because that tire is doing more work.

Old 12-05-2014 | 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Ive owned my car for 8 years and never had it to the track, always street runs. Every time i would launch, car would twist and then wheelhop. Then i finally decided that it was time to do an anti-roll bar since my 9" has extra brackets in the way and would not allow me to mount a swaybar.

Best damn suspension mod i have ever done. Car doesnt twist on launch, suspension loads nicely and launches strait. It was night and day. Then going to adjustable rear shocks eliminated my wheelhop on the streets. I run a moly arb from TRZ.
Old 12-11-2014 | 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Installed the BMR anti roll bar. Car handles better than before with the 25mm rear bar and no front bar. Quiet on the street as well. Thats was on big and littles. I'll really judge the noise once the 18s are back on. Headed to the track saturday hopefully with good results. Launching on the street feels better. I have one flat of preload in the passenger side.
Old 12-12-2014 | 04:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by jblankenship
Installed the BMR anti roll bar. Car handles better than before with the 25mm rear bar and no front bar. Quiet on the street as well. Thats was on big and littles. I'll really judge the noise once the 18s are back on. Headed to the track saturday hopefully with good results. Launching on the street feels better. I have one flat of preload in the passenger side.
Mine is in also but no results until spring.
Old 12-15-2014 | 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Made it to the track saturday. Ran into a buddy that recorded some video with his phone. I don't have the video but the car left perfectly flat. No 60' change on motor. However on nitrous I have 2 stages of basically 100 on a nos mini. I decided I would just play with the first stage and see how far I could push it. Previous program on the first stage was 0 delay, 30 start, .6 build, 99 end, as this is all the car would take. Well after 3 passes I had the first stage on 0 delay, 99 start, 0 build, 99 end, and it took it in stride. In fact it was my best 60 ever at 1.467 on half the nitrous.

I had one pass left and left the first stage all on out the gate and set the second stage at .2 delay, 30 start, .3 build, 99 end. I knew this was very aggressive. Well I went up and the track was so tight I had trouble getting the car to do a burnout. Car spun about 10-15 feet out when the second stage came in. I'm thinking I can get about 1.42-1.42 out of it. My car is still stock front suspension with intrax lowering springs, rear is all adjustable tubular with comp eng 50/50 shocks.

Put my street wheels back on today(c6 18s) and it actually handles a lot better since the front swaybar is removed. Not to noisy at all.

Thumbs up to BMR
Old 12-16-2014 | 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Made it to the track saturday. Ran into a buddy that recorded some video with his phone. I don't have the video but the car left perfectly flat. No 60' change on motor. However on nitrous I have 2 stages of basically 100 on a nos mini. I decided I would just play with the first stage and see how far I could push it. Previous program on the first stage was 0 delay, 30 start, .6 build, 99 end, as this is all the car would take. Well after 3 passes I had the first stage on 0 delay, 99 start, 0 build, 99 end, and it took it in stride. In fact it was my best 60 ever at 1.467 on half the nitrous.

I had one pass left and left the first stage all on out the gate and set the second stage at .2 delay, 30 start, .3 build, 99 end. I knew this was very aggressive. Well I went up and the track was so tight I had trouble getting the car to do a burnout. Car spun about 10-15 feet out when the second stage came in. I'm thinking I can get about 1.42-1.42 out of it. My car is still stock front suspension with intrax lowering springs, rear is all adjustable tubular with comp eng 50/50 shocks.

Put my street wheels back on today(c6 18s) and it actually handles a lot better since the front swaybar is removed. Not to noisy at all.

Thumbs up to BMR
My car cuts a 1.43 60' on a 125 shot. Stock sway bar with Comp Eng. 3 way shocks out back.. However I have Strange SA's up front. You should get some shocks up front and it should make a drastic improvement I would think.
Old 12-16-2014 | 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FEAR LS
My car cuts a 1.43 60' on a 125 shot. Stock sway bar with Comp Eng. 3 way shocks out back.. However I have Strange SA's up front. You should get some shocks up front and it should make a drastic improvement I would think.
Your car sits higher than mine, and I know this is part of my problem. I know it would pick up if I raised it up but it looks retarded that way with the c6 wheels on it. I have been working to find a compromise between street and track with just swapping wheels that I am satisfied with, and I think I have found it. I will be going after front shocks next as well as trz LCA RLB. They are much longer than the current ones I have and I need more downward angle. My 60' was only on a .047 jet.
Old 12-16-2014 | 11:43 AM
10 Second Club

Your car sits higher than mine, and I know this is part of my problem. I know it would pick up if I raised it up but it looks retarded that way with the c6 wheels on it. I have been working to find a compromise between street and track with just swapping wheels that I am satisfied with, and I think I have found it. I will be going after front shocks next as well as trz LCA RLB. They are much longer than the current ones I have and I need more downward angle. My 60' was only on a .047 jet.
Yea once you get the adjustable shocks up front, you'll be able to raise and lower the height as well (Get the Torrington bearing kit) to adjust for which wheels you run.

Yea my car is fighting a loose *** converter... 19% slip on motor. So I can only imagine what its doing on spray. I should have went with PTC...
Old 12-16-2014 | 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FEAR LS
Yea once you get the adjustable shocks up front, you'll be able to raise and lower the height as well (Get the Torrington bearing kit) to adjust for which wheels you run.

Yea my car is fighting a loose *** converter... 19% slip on motor. So I can only imagine what its doing on spray. I should have went with PTC...
My converter was/had a VIG in it when I bought the car. Was insane tight. Sent it to PTC for a restall and they found the snout bent. Was like $225 total to restall, replace snout, and I believe clutches. After going over it on the phone with them for specs it was the best money I have spent on the car.
Old 12-16-2014 | 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My slip is 11.7 on nitrous and 8.8 on motor. Drives great on the street as well.

Quick Reply: Drag Bar