Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone who has removed the BCM from F body

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same goes for me. Today I removed the entire harness from the cars interior. Below the drivers side column was that huge plug that seemed to have all the wires from the harness connecting to it, then running into the engine bay. That is what I am referring to as the star connector, it had 1 bolt holding the connector together.

I am not home or else I would look, but where does this go to in the bay?
Old 11-05-2015, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is not what is called the "star connector". The star connector has about 4 or 5 small wires, that goes to your BCM, PCM port, instrument panel and a hot. IIRC.
The big plug with all the wires, I call the bulkhead plug. It's just a j box that most wires pass straight through but some maybe joined together.
People say you can heat that plug up in boiling water and the glue that holds it together will melt and you can pull the plug apart.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Danheller88: Yea what he said. And the plug that you're talking about goes to the two fuse boxes in the engine bay. You can just pull the boxes out then look at the covers so a basic idea of what wires are what.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

So this bulk connector connects the interior harness to the under hood fuse boxes. I have removed the entire interior harness, and do not want that bulk connector inside the car. Can I track it down to the under hood fuse boxes and remove the wires?

Or will this cause the car to not run in some weird way?
Old 11-07-2015, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

If you are keeping the under hood fuse boxes in the factory location then you have to have it plugged in under the dash too. Those fuses are for things like injectors, the PCM, cooling fans, fuel pump, starter, and stuff like that. You can trace the wires and remove only the ones you're no longer using if you have already removed AC, ABS, horn, and stuff like that. But if you unplug the whole thing then no, the car wont run.

If you have removed a lot of things and only want the basics then you can make a panel like I did in the picture on page 2, post #34. That or if you dont want to make a panel you could move the fuse boxes to under the hood, remove the wires you no longer want, then shorten the wires you want to keep.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Pretty much I removed everything inside the car, just keeping the instrument cluster, windows and lights. Plus the wires near the shifter I have no idea about haha. But my concern is if I trace the wires I removed back to the bulk head plug and de-pin them, will it cause any underhood stuff not to work. AKA them tying a weird ground in or something.

Quick Reply: Anyone who has removed the BCM from F body