Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Happy! Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Not Happy! Any Ideas?

Hey guys I'm kinda bummed at my E.T. maybe someone can shed some light on some possible causes
specs. 98' t/a, A4, lid, filter, 3.73's, flowmaster crap-back, street tires, hpp3
results
E.T.--- 13.30
60' ---- 2.06
mph---- 104
launch: 1000 rpm foot-brake, let car roll-out then stomp = mild spin but not "blowing them off"

ADDED: TCI SSF3500, weld prostars w/drag radials and front runners
results
E.T.------- 13.20
60' ------- 1.83
1/8 mph -- 80.2
mph------ 102.2
multiple launch's same identical results mph +/- 1 or 2 thats it. Little to no wheel spin (10 ft out max on one run got a 104 mph but a 1.9 60ft)

Any ideas guys? I was thinking 12.8 - 12.9 range at least?
weather was similair both days I dont know DA
Only mods are whats listed only thing I came up with is maybe the converter is eating up too much hp to take advantage of the better 60'?
Old 06-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

something sure seems wrong.

have you autotapped the car going down the track? log a run if you can somehow to check for big knock retard and what not.

are you locking up the converter on the big end? that would possibly explain the low MPH if you are not.

its just not right that you only gained 1 tenth on a much better sixty foot, that defies the pretty well accepted mathematical rule of the relationship between sixty foot gain and ET gain.

only other thing off the top of my head has to do with shift points. if you are using a bigger tire that previously now that you have prostars it will change you shift points that were set before..does the car have any kind of tuning..??
Old 06-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tire size is the same so shift points should be a non issue. The only tuning is the hpp and I only use that for the speedo cal and I am using the "power program". I think I need to get some scanning/logging software because I think something must be happening either KR or something. If you can log with HPtuners I think that might be the route I go. I always thought 1 tenth in the 60' was worth about 1 1/2 in the quarter?