Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vfn doors ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 01:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vfn doors ?

Has anyone installed them ? If so what's required ? I know they require lexan and so on
Old 10-20-2015, 03:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A. Whole. Lot. Of. Labor.

The VFN components are descent, we have installed a lot of their stuff. It really depends on what your true need of the lighter weight is and the end cost.

The door is nothing like stock. You have to use some sort of stiffening device inside or it will sag with the weight on it. The lower window flange will not be in the stock location. Your fender will still have the mirror opening/hump exposed as the door is made flush for no mirror and designed to line up with their extended pro front end.

End result is you will never get any aftermarket door to align or fit like the factory ones without a lot of work. The factory door gutted out and Optic Armor window installed will not be that bad on weight and still open/close without issue and not sag.

There are some carbon doors available that are nice, but upwards of 2500.00 also.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ultra-Carbon.

I don't know if Greg is making them in glass to but I saw the carbon doors on an X275 car at Cecil and they were very nice.

Been thinking about changing mine to the ultra carbons
Old 10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Greg doors really look to be the best option. Expensive yes but what isn't in this hobby.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Firebird stuff KOZ is about the best you can do fwiw. Weight savings is huge but be ready to pay.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssvert99
A. Whole. Lot. Of. Labor.

The VFN components are descent, we have installed a lot of their stuff. It really depends on what your true need of the lighter weight is and the end cost.

The door is nothing like stock. You have to use some sort of stiffening device inside or it will sag with the weight on it. The lower window flange will not be in the stock location. Your fender will still have the mirror opening/hump exposed as the door is made flush for no mirror and designed to line up with their extended pro front end.

End result is you will never get any aftermarket door to align or fit like the factory ones without a lot of work. The factory door gutted out and Optic Armor window installed will not be that bad on weight and still open/close without issue and not sag.

There are some carbon doors available that are nice, but upwards of 2500.00 also.
Optic Armor do door windows? I cant find them, link?

Quick Reply: Vfn doors ?