Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end alignment.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Front end alignment.

My car has never felt right in the front after the k member swap. Not knowing anything about alignments I just dropped the car off at the alignment shop and then picked it up. Ever since the car has felt like I have to fight it constantly to keep it straight going down the track and on the street if I'm in throttle and hit a imperfection the car plunges where it wants. It doesn't feel safe at all at wot. It's also very tight turning like the slightest movement of the wheel makes it react very quick. What kind of alignment does a drag car need? Like specs different process etc. I do still street drive it. It has a mwc k member and control arms strange da shocks and no front sway bar and a iron block.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:16 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

0 Camber
as much caster as you can get
1/16" toe in on each side

Most alignment shops will tell you they can only set to factory specs. This is because they are lazy and stupid. Find a shop that can set your alignment to where ever you want it. Also, have them check bump steer throughout the front range of motion.

They should also be able to check thrust angle (I think that is what it is called) to make sure the rear end is in it straight.

Quick Reply: Front end alignment.