Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MWC Full Race Front

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015 | 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Default MWC Full Race Front

Thinking about changing my PA racing front end... I've had concerns with quality, and now going 1.0x 60's and 145+Mph 1/8mile trap speeds it's time to upgrade.

Anyone have weight estimate?

What is the spindle style? GM D154 Metric I'm assuming ?

Fit and finish good? Delivery?

This is on the short list.... Price almost looks too good. Would be keeping my Santhuff shocks, I am not a big fan of the modified upper a arm mount, would probably go with RaceCrafts, and would rather do a different brake kit....
Old 12-05-2015 | 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

The k member I got from them weighs in at 21.6 pounds. That's about all the info I can give you from mine right now. Still working on it. Send Eric Vicary an email he can give you all the info you want.
Old 12-05-2015 | 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Burkhart makes a front end kit designed for Spindle Mounts, Santuff's and the Strange Carbon brakes. I saw one in his shop recently and it looks pretty impressive.
Old 12-05-2015 | 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

The mwc front end does not use any ball bearings. Period.

2 piece lca

I wish i could tell you what mine all weighed but i didn't have a quality scale back then when i put it on

It fits and looks top notch. Very light.
Old 12-05-2015 | 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can weigh everything, scale battery died when I planned on doing it
Old 12-06-2015 | 02:26 PM
On The Tree

I've heard a lot of issues with the bushings in the control arms for the spindles rusting. My pa racing front kit was 8 lbs lighter than the mwc kit that a buddy of mine bought.
Old 12-07-2015 | 12:13 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 01 blue bullitt
I've heard a lot of issues with the bushings in the control arms for the spindles rusting. My pa racing front kit was 8 lbs lighter than the mwc kit that a buddy of mine bought.
"A lot of issues" If this were the case I sure think we would have heard something by now, and we have not heard that complaint at all. The wash system in the powdercoating process can cause things like this but we usually use a thread chaser to ensure everything works correct.

As far as the PA front end system being 8 pounds lighter than the MWC system...prove it.

Just a oem type lower ball joint and weld ring that PA uses is 1.5 pounds more per each than what we use, and we do not use oem type uppers either. Keep in mind the MWC race package uses a ultra light 2 piece design lowers, where PA uses a single piece with heavier tube. The MWC 1 piece lowers(for oem type spindles) would be similar in materials and basic design, but still lighter as we do not use the heavy t-bar shock mount plate that the PA and other manufacturers components use. Their 1 piece lowers are about 4.5 pounds more per each than the MWC race lowers, fully loaded with joints, hardware, and bushings.

PA uses standard ball joint uppers, they claim to be 1/2 the weight of a stock upper. A stock upper with ball joint is 3lb-12oz(3.75lb). The PA and MWC oem ball joint type uppers in CM material are similar in design and materials and weigh in at about 3lb 6oz.(just under 3.5 lbs) each, so hardly 1/2 the weight of the stock ones. PA mild steel uppers use heavier tube, and are most likely the same weight as stock uppers. The MWC race upper is 2lb 9oz(just over 2.5lb), and uses stronger 5/8" chromoly heim joints.

The PA k member is made from weaker 1.500" material than what we use(1.625). Both are the same wall thickness so the MWC tube is stronger by diameter. Weight difference is less than 1/2 pound between the two as they are both similar designs. (.111LB/ft x 4ft) Considering the k-member is part of the chassis and an area of major flex in these cars, strength is a huge concern. For the small difference in weight the stronger k-member is actually a benefit to the chassis.

PA spindles are claimed as 6.4 lbs. ea., the MWC is actual scaled at 6.8. We use a 4130 chromoly spindle snout and heavy duty steering arms. Again... a place where strength is a benefit over weight, and especially concerning your safety. The MWC spindles can also use spindle mount wheels and Strange carbon brakes if need be.

So... by my calculations in actual scaled weights and actual weight of tubing per foot the MWC front end package will be over 9 pounds lighter than PA. Now for the record we are by no means bashing or discounting any of their products, just simply stating facts. PA has been doing this stuff for a long time and have good products.

Another fact that is set in stone is the fastest stock suspension cars are using MWC components... the results don't lie. Essary(LASTLS1), Manna(408ant), Litz(koolrayz), Black(SMOKN95TA), Ohio Boys Racing(Mike Brown, Mark Koehler), Bulach(99bluefbody, M6 record holder), Eddie Krawiec, Nick Mobus(WhtLTone), John Weeks(XXX Tuning) Nick Massengale(nmass399). These are just a few of the standout names I'm sure all of you should recognize. The MWC components are high tech, high quality, and priced affordably. These top racers can have anything they want and have chosen MWC.

Last edited by ssvert99; 12-07-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2015 | 12:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
Thinking about changing my PA racing front end... I've had concerns with quality, and now going 1.0x 60's and 145+Mph 1/8mile trap speeds it's time to upgrade.

Anyone have weight estimate?

What is the spindle style? GM D154 Metric I'm assuming ?

Fit and finish good? Delivery?

This is on the short list.... Price almost looks too good. Would be keeping my Santhuff shocks, I am not a big fan of the modified upper a arm mount, would probably go with RaceCrafts, and would rather do a different brake kit....
Weight is about as good as it gets. Should be less than what you have now, and strength is not compromised in the process.

The spindle style is our own design and a MWC exclusive. Features a true center rotating spindle, and full adjustable upper and 2 piece race inspired lower arms. The MWC spindle is designed to use Strange standard hub style or spindle mount brakes and does not move the wheel out similar to other aftermarket front suspension kits. With the brakes not being moved out it allows us to use the factory length control arms, not shortened like the others. Shortened control arms will affect handling characteristics, especially with bump steer.

All parts are designed as a bolt-in setup, easy to adjust, and all necessary hardware is included so you don't have to go searching the stores for proper fasteners. Powdercoated finish is standard on all our front suspension parts. We typically have a good amount of inventory on the shelf for quick shipping.

Give us a call and we will be pleased to assist you in your needs and help you reach your performance goals safely!

Quick Reply: MWC Full Race Front