Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good list of stuff to bring to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good list of stuff to bring to the track.

It always seems I go to the track last minute and unpreppared. Whats a list of stuff you guys like to bring...for example, ice for intake, drinks, chairs, air pump, etc, etc.

Lets see what we can come up with...
Old 06-15-2004, 11:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually go by myself and i don't like leaving my stuff out so i take everything out of my car at my house (subs, all cd's, change misc. crap, pass. seat) and i roll out there on my 28" ET Drags. pay the entry fee and go straight to line up. run a bunch of times then leave.
Oh no wait i do bring a tire pressure gauge.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:18 AM
Motorboater

depends on if i'm on my own or have the crew with me.

i always pull my interior and put a small jack, 4 way, tire guage, laptop in the car...and put my skinnies on.

if i'm on my own i drive there on the et streets. if i have someone with me i change them at the track. no jack obviously if i go alone.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Motorboater

and helmet of course,too, can't forget that
Old 06-16-2004, 01:27 AM
12 Second Club

How about a spare tire incase you run into having a flat on the way to the track or on your way home. I'd also bring a small set of tools. (This is all if I had a crew with me). Air pumps are kinda worthless since tracks usually provide one on site. I think a little scooter would be nice to transport yourself on when going from your car to the stands to watch or viseversa.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:42 AM
10 Second Club

I almost always go alone so I'll just focus on what I bring on that situation.
I bring:
1. My laptop with my EFILive cables and LS1Edit cables.
2. Tire gauge.
3. 15mm wrench
4. 150ft-lb torque wrench with 1/2" extension and 19mm socket for my lugs in case I need to tighten them after a few runs (I don't have stock wheels/tires anymore, just convo pros w/ slicks and skinnies).
5. A plastic bag with a quart of engine oil and another quart of transmission fluid.
6. A roll of paper shop towels.
7. A roll of black duct tape in case I have to seal any air lid leaks or something.
8. A razor blade.
9. My racing jacket.
10. My helmet.
11. My G-Tech Pro.
12. My radar detector.
13. Flat head screw driver.
14. Funnel.

I also will sometimes bring other mods to try out. For example, the last time I went I brought my stock lower air box that was cut for free ram air. I made a couple passes with my WS6 lower box then I swapped in my stock box and made a couple passes. I'd also like to try a ported MAF one of these days. Stuff like that.

Oh and I know you might be thinking that is a ton of stuff but it really isn't. Everything is in the trunk except the helmet, jacket, laptop, radar detector which I only use to and from the drag strip is kept in the glove box and so is the G-Tech, which I only use if I feel like it, which isn't very often. The total weight of all of that stuff isn't very much, maybe 20 to 30 lbs. If I'm really close to a new breakout, say 11.03 or something, I'll just pull everything and put it in a friends car.