Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Ws6 wheel hop!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016 | 10:49 AM
Teching In

Default HELP! Ws6 wheel hop!!

So heres the deal. bought a 2000 ws6 not to long ago that has a bad wheel hop when the rear tires spin. Supposedly the problem was the pinion angle. Checked pinion angle and its close enought to perfect. Next i got some relclocation brackets for lower control arm. Seems to have helped but still hoping. Car has 9inch ford rear with 4.11s tru trac. Moser 35 spline axles. New spider gears and bearings. Qa1 coil overs in rear and bmr torque arm.

Does anyone have any clue why this thing is hoping? Seems to hop worse when traction control is off
Old 04-22-2016 | 11:24 AM
Teching In

I'm assuming it has aftermarket LCA's? Is it lowered? What tires are you running?
Old 04-22-2016 | 12:18 PM
Teching In

Yes. It has c5 wheels with 275/60s and its at stock height. Spohn panhard bar and sub frame connectors
Old 04-22-2016 | 12:49 PM
Teching In

So it's on a street tire? Sounds like the car is making quite a bit of power. Try adjusting the coilovers if you haven't already
Old 04-22-2016 | 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

more compression the rear shocks
Old 04-22-2016 | 01:18 PM
Teching In

Yeah its on a street tire. Cant remember the brand right off the top my head. Just got the car not long ago. But ill try playing with the coil overs once i get home. It makes around 480rwhp
Old 04-27-2016 | 09:59 AM
12 Second Club

I assume you mean a 275/40, instead of a 275/60? Which LCAs exactly do you have? There are only a couple things that cause wheel hop. Not enough shock (Or the wrong settings on the correct ones) can be one thing. Too much play in suspension is another reason. This is the reason why factory LCAs will cause wheelhop, because under a hard launch, between the stock rubber bushings and the weak control arm flexing, it produces an oscillating motion under a hard launch. This is what I would be thinking about when trying to solve your problem. Are your bushing good at every point in the rear suspension? Are your shock settings correct for the car? Good luck.
Old 04-27-2016 | 12:14 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=93camaro_zzz;19239947]I assume you mean a 275/40, instead of a 275/60? Which LCAs exactly do you have? There are only a couple things that cause wheel hop. Not enough shock (Or the wrong settings on the correct ones) can be one thing. Too much play in suspension is another reason. This is the reason why factory LCAs will cause wheelhop, because under a hard launch, between the stock rubber bushings and the weak control arm flexing, it produces an oscillating motion under a hard launch. This is what I would be thinking about when trying to solve your problem. Are your bushing good at every point in the rear suspension? Are your shock settings correct for the car? Good luck.

The LCAs are from bmr. The tires are actually a 295/35/r18. I got them confused with my slicks which are 270/60. As for the shocks i havent had time to get under the car since to take a look and see. But once i do ill update the thread.
Old 04-30-2016 | 06:04 PM
Teching In

No more wheel hop! Finally got time to jack the car up and look. The rear shocks werent set right. They were set to the softest setting. Cranked em up a bit and now she spins smooth as glass. Thanks for all yalls input!

Quick Reply: HELP! Ws6 wheel hop!!