| | MWC Notched Roll Cage
Hey guys, I just found an awesome dude in town that has agreed to do my roll cage. So as of right now the car is completely gutted and I will be ordering the MWC 8.50 cage with pretty much every addition to it (X bar, Bay bar, net, etc.)except the carbon fiber cover.
Few quick questions for yall. All apply to my 99' Firebird.
1. What would be the estimated time frame to install such cage?
Mainly asking for welder to preplan a schedule.
2. Other than kit itself, is there anything special I need to buy with it for install?
3. Does Midwest Chassis have a door bars that isn't curved for interior door panels? I don't think I care but it doesn't hurt to ask.
4. Does MWC kit come with the 6"x6" plates?
5. When they (NHRA) say that aftermarket seats need to be mounted to the cage, does that mean that the aluminum seat needs to be welded to the mild steel cage?
6. Has anyone done bay bars? what do I have to do to get them in? I plan on cutting out the cowl but im unsure if I need to cut it out first of if I can get away with doing it after.
7. Best cage treatment/paint?
Please, if there is any input, comment. I would like to place my order soon